More power or new box?

Chance_P

Im thinking about pulling the trigger on a sq2200. I also have a line on a used sq3500 for not much more which can do 1400 at 4 ohms. I eventually wanna upgrade to 2x hdc4s so what do you guys think about running my sdc2.5's at 4 ohms on the 3500 for about 6 months until I inevitably upgrade? I understand what electrical I need to keep a 3500 happy at 1 ohm, but I have not readmuch about keeping one going at 4 ohms.

Hey guys I finished up the redesigned box tonight. I ended up going with 7.65 net volume, 40hz, 132 inches of port. Sounds a lot more clear than the old box. Still plays down to 32hz with some authority, which was all the lower my box tuned to 34hz would play. It sounds a lot louder at 38-40 than my old box did at 46hz which I did not expect. Looking into a new amp now. Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Scored a sq2200, stinger volt gauge, about about 15 feet of various lengths of 1/0 with ring terminals soldered on it today. $220 bucks! Just had to brag for a minute. Going to pick up a termlab from a guy this weekend if I can get my hifonics amp sold. Then ill be able to post something worth while on here.

• 3 weeks later...

I see you already finished but in case you decide to build another one or change subs or something don't be afraid to go a bit over the window line. I am running a system in the same vehicle and I went 22.75 inches high and the only time it effects visibility is when I am off-road and I am backing up a very steep incline.

Thanks for sharing the vehicles resonant frequency though. I couldn't find it anywhere! Any tips on eliminating vibrations? I am still tracking them all down! I am also curious to know how you strapped down your box. For now I am using the stock tie down loops but I am not sure how long they will last :P

• 3 weeks later...

If you are planning on sound dampening your vehicle, I would look at Dynamat Extreme for flat bare metal, and high density expanding foam in open cabins inside your vehicle. (Trunk lids, multilayered walls, closing off excess space, etc...) As far as making a system louder. Get yourself a pair of DD subwoofers. My first competition I hit a 155.0 with 2 middle end Digital Designs 18" on about 5000 watts. Once you go DD, you never go back.

Archived