• 4 weeks later...

Well already have started to plan out my rebuild of this truck.....still wanting to go with an under the back seat system.....so I'm looking at some sundown audio 8s and a few other toys for it......it will take a bit for me to do it because I don't have the budget I'd like to have to just go out and buy everything at once.....but I think just getting one sub will allow me to build the box so I hope to start there......

So here is the rough plan for the box.....will probably change due to the fact that I don't currently have measurements but I wanted to get it drawn out before I lose the idea......so here is what I thought of

20131115_060146_zps7264bfa2.jpg

Now the reason for those curve dotted lines is because below the seats its curved like that and since I'm not very good with wood working I'm going to fiberglass the bottem.......still haven't decided if I want that middle piece to be plexiglass or if I actually want to cut the logo in wood......and remember.....I'm putting in 8s.....let me know what yall think

4 8's sounds kick ass man! Unless you absolutly need that little bit more of airspace I woulnd't do the fiberglass bottom. Not saying you can't or that it's a bad idea at all just that I personally would just square those corners up and use some wood.

I know its a different sub brand and an older body style truck than yours but dc posted a video of rusty building a box for 4 dc 8's in a 2000ish extended cab just recently you might want to check it out and it might give you some ideas, if not nything its a sweet vid :)

Funny how the people who have a louder system than you will usually give you a compliment about your setup because they know how much blood, sweat, time, and money you put into it. The people who criticize or try and one up you....have a p.o.s to no system at all and will tell you all about this "other" guys system! Saddley I'm sure if I meet this "other" guy...he will probably tell me he thinks your just as annoying as I think you are!

I'm not compensating, just proud of fabricating!

My build log: 10k center console with 4 DC Audio XL 10's powered by 2 DC Audio 5.0k amps 5 xs batteries and dual DC Power 300xps alts

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169404-goodvibez-04-dmax-10k-center-console-w4-xl-10s-custom-5ksit-plays/page-19

Also you're going to want to keep in mind that the floor in these trucks is not symmetrical. The driveshaft hump isn't even centered. I had to find that out the hard way.

Edit:

If you're going to do the bottom of the box in wood, you're going to have to cut a lot of little pieces. It was easier for me to just make it out of fiberglass.

Archived