Meguiars new white wax and black wax

• 1 month later...

Meguiars does make some excellent products. I had extra time on my hands when I started getting into auto paint corrections (OCD!!) just to learn what they have.

I can tell you this, you can't just throw wax over a washed panel and think its going to give the results you seek. Paint, especially dark colors, needs to be addressed accordingly. A proper wash, clay, polish, seal and wax will get the paint where it needs to be. From there, its all about maintaining what effort you just put into the shine (or paid $250-sky high for).

Meguiars M105 and M205 are hands down amazing when used accordingly. A good sealant ( I like adamspolishes) and wax ( of choice) and black becomes more a mirror! I was totally stuck on ALL adams polishes had to offer until I attended the Meguiars classes. After a proper paint correction though, most people just take their car to the car wash. While its easy, cheap, and labor less, its DESTROYING YOUR CAR!!!

So no matter how much black or white wax you put on your paint, unless its corrected first, all your doing is prolonging the paints life, or trapping in the crap you didn't clay bar off first! No matter what you read on labels, wax doesn't fix swirl marks! Stay from them car washes, get your paint right, and get a quality microfiber (zaino) supply and spray detail that bad boy at least every other day. Paint will last forever.

RANT OFF!!! lmao

Meguiars does make some excellent products. I had extra time on my hands when I started getting into auto paint corrections (OCD!!) just to learn what they have.

I can tell you this, you can't just throw wax over a washed panel and think its going to give the results you seek. Paint, especially dark colors, needs to be addressed accordingly. A proper wash, clay, polish, seal and wax will get the paint where it needs to be. From there, its all about maintaining what effort you just put into the shine (or paid $250-sky high for).

Meguiars M105 and M205 are hands down amazing when used accordingly. A good sealant ( I like adamspolishes) and wax ( of choice) and black becomes more a mirror! I was totally stuck on ALL adams polishes had to offer until I attended the Meguiars classes. After a proper paint correction though, most people just take their car to the car wash. While its easy, cheap, and labor less, its DESTROYING YOUR CAR!!!

So no matter how much black or white wax you put on your paint, unless its corrected first, all your doing is prolonging the paints life, or trapping in the crap you didn't clay bar off first! No matter what you read on labels, wax doesn't fix swirl marks! Stay from them car washes, get your paint right, and get a quality microfiber (zaino) supply and spray detail that bad boy at least every other day. Paint will last forever.

RANT OFF!!! lmao

I took auto body repair for 2 years in high school and i know exactly what you mean (notice the painters clay bar i acquired from shop class on 1st page). My truck is in desperate need of being buffed after many trips off roading lol I will get to it eventually, although my go to sealant has been Wizards (smells like cherries too), I've been to lazy to try out other variants

Brandon

2000 Furd Ranger supercab 4x4

System:

welding wire throughout the truck

USalts 390amp Hairpin

Juicebox in stock location

8 Banks of maxwell supercaps

2 American Bass Vfl 1100.1 wired to .35 each

2 Fi Audio Sp4 18's ( the DD sc 9918's smoked)

Pioneer radio with Soundstream PA mids Powered by a nice sized soundstream 2 channel

It's pronounced (dain-ja rain-ja) :ph34r:

2001 2 door focus

1 DD9918 SC 

RANT OFF!!! lmao

I took auto body repair for 2 years in high school and i know exactly what you mean (notice the painters clay bar i acquired from shop class on 1st page). My truck is in desperate need of being buffed after many trips off roading lol I will get to it eventually, although my go to sealant has been Wizards (smells like cherries too), I've been to lazy to try out other variants

Chemical guys sells a package with a porter cable machine and everything you need. The porter cable takes a little longer to clean the paint up, but works great and is cheap! I personally use a Flex 3401. Best results have been with a standard rotary and wool pad, followed by a finishing foam pad with the m105 and m205. But that wool pad will rip the paint right off to bare metal!! LOL! But I wasn't criticizing anyone. Not at all. I fell into an OCD phase for a while of detailing. Now I'm here….stuck on car audio again! LMAO! Look into Adams polishes bro! also Chemical guys. You really can't go wrong with either.

Archived