dugjt88 Posted October 5, 2013 Report Posted October 5, 2013 Bought these second hand. My first DC subs. I'm wondering if this looks like a stock glue job or if the guy reconed them. Any help would be great thanks. Quote They call me Girth "The Silo" Brooks- I ain't storing corn
CJ18 Posted October 5, 2013 Report Posted October 5, 2013 Judging by the solder job on the terminals, looks like a stock job, not a second hand recone. Quote
dugjt88 Posted October 5, 2013 Author Report Posted October 5, 2013 Awesome to thank you!! I wasn't sure lovev these subs. Absolute beasts, putting them up for sale and didn't want to mislead anyone. Quote They call me Girth "The Silo" Brooks- I ain't storing corn
CJ18 Posted October 5, 2013 Report Posted October 5, 2013 (edited) m2 XL 12? Maybe 10, hard to judge basket size. Edited October 5, 2013 by CJ18 Quote
dugjt88 Posted October 5, 2013 Author Report Posted October 5, 2013 Yep 12" dual 2 ohm Quote They call me Girth "The Silo" Brooks- I ain't storing corn
CJ18 Posted October 5, 2013 Report Posted October 5, 2013 Is it bad that I can look at the solder on the terminal and the top plate and tell you that the sub you have is either still built as it was originally or was reconed by us. Also you have one of the first batch of m2 XLs that came in the beginning of 2012 based on the sharp lip on the top plate. Quote
DylanBunch Posted October 5, 2013 Report Posted October 5, 2013 This guy^^ lol Quote 2006 Ford Explorer 2 Team AA/Sundown 15s 6th order Ct Sounds 7k 4 PRV Mr500 8s Rockford p1000-2 Team Subsonic Lows
killallblue Posted October 5, 2013 Report Posted October 5, 2013 Cody your solder jobs don't look like that ? Mine do Quote
dugjt88 Posted October 7, 2013 Author Report Posted October 7, 2013 Lol talk about being da man. Thanks for the info!!! Quote They call me Girth "The Silo" Brooks- I ain't storing corn
CJ18 Posted October 8, 2013 Report Posted October 8, 2013 Cody your solder jobs don't look like that ? Mine do Not when installing a recone with the cone already on. I just dont have the patience to work in that small space to get both leads through the tiny ass hole in the terminal. Much easier with the cone off. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.