Jump to content

Alpine system build help needed


BASShead12

Recommended Posts

Posted

So I am looking to get a whole new deck, door speakers and rear speakers for my Grand Prix Gtp. The car has 5.25" speakers with tweeter on top of door panel stock and 6 x 9's in rear.

For deck I want CDE-141 nothing too fancy I have a clarion EQS746 for the preout separation.

For front I want the SPR-50c component system 100w x 2 RMS @4ohm.

For rear I want SPR-69 coaxial 2 way 100w x 2 RMS @4ohm.

I thought I would need to get the MRX-F65 amp 110w x 4 RMS @4ohms to match it to the speakers but when I went in to the beat shop guy told me that amp would be too much for the speakers. Suggested to go with MRX-F35 amp which has 55w x 4 @ 4ohms.

I thought the point was to match the RMS of the amp to the speakers at the same impedance?

Can somebody please explain whether he is right or wrong?

Also I have a pair of Rockford Fosgate RFD2212 12" punch HX2 DVC 4ohm, 500w RMS each, would the Rockford Fosgate P1000BD amp be the best match for it? It does 1000w x 1 @1 ohm and with the 2 DVC 4ohm subs I can wire them to 1 ohm.

Or should I just go with 2 Alpine Type R 12" woofers. I'm not sure because I heard these old school Fosgates pound hard.

Hu: Alpine CDE-141

Eq: Clarion EQS-746

Mids/Highs: Alpine SPR-50c 5.25" components

Mids rear: Alpine SPR-69 6x9

Mids amp: Alpine MRX-F65

Power/Ground: Massive Audio 4 AWG

Signal Cable: Massive Audio 14 Gauge

RCA's: Monster cable

Subs: 2 Rockford Fosgate HX2 12's

Sub amp: Crescendo BC2000D

Custom box - Herculiner with Silver port

Big 3 and power/ground - Sky High Car Audio 1/0 OFC

Coming soon:

H.O Alternator Singer or Mechman

Posted

System plan sounds well thought out, audio guy is wrong. Those speakers should handle the power as long as the system is turned right. Good luck

Posted

Yeah I thought so because if anything I would rather have the knob turned down on the big amp then the smaller amp cranked all the way up potentially causing it to be overworked or overheated.

Thanks for your input. Much appreciated.

Hu: Alpine CDE-141

Eq: Clarion EQS-746

Mids/Highs: Alpine SPR-50c 5.25" components

Mids rear: Alpine SPR-69 6x9

Mids amp: Alpine MRX-F65

Power/Ground: Massive Audio 4 AWG

Signal Cable: Massive Audio 14 Gauge

RCA's: Monster cable

Subs: 2 Rockford Fosgate HX2 12's

Sub amp: Crescendo BC2000D

Custom box - Herculiner with Silver port

Big 3 and power/ground - Sky High Car Audio 1/0 OFC

Coming soon:

H.O Alternator Singer or Mechman

Posted

You have the right idea. How's the shop supposed to make money if you buy all the right gear the first time. Lol keep up the good fight.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 832 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...