Sundown Audio

random protect mode

Blake Farrar

okay so i have a kicker zx550.2 wire to 2 component sets a sundown sa 6.5 and a crsendo cz 6.5 and randomly my mids and highs will go out for about 3 secs than turn back on, but the sub amp plays just fine ive redone my rca's grounds, power and remote and all are fine. but when my mids n highs turn off the green light will still be on but last night i really looked at it when it happened and i did see the red light flash for a sec. so i have come to the conclusion that my amp is taking a shit. so if anyone has had this problem or knows what could be happening please let me know.

did the amp work sine for a period of time before the problem started?

2007 Ford Focus SES Hatchback

Pioneer HU

4 Digital Designs 9515i's in a B pillar.

2 Soundstream XXX 15K's (running at 16 volts)

Soundstream Mids/Highs in custom door panels (getting rebuilt soon)

Soundstream TA2.160 and TA2.400

Sky High and KNU wiring

3 Banks of Maxwell caps 

Winston Lithium (not a fan)

Bump4Life 250 Amp Alt. aka USAlternators

Soundstream Focus and Avenger Build Log

Instagram @p4linnovation

YouTube: Team Blowin Loud 

okay so i have a kicker zx550.2 wire to 2 component sets a sundown sa 6.5 and a crsendo cz 6.5 and randomly my mids and highs will go out for about 3 secs than turn back on, but the sub amp plays just fine ive redone my rca's grounds, power and remote and all are fine. but when my mids n highs turn off the green light will still be on but last night i really looked at it when it happened and i did see the red light flash for a sec. so i have come to the conclusion that my amp is taking a shit. so if anyone has had this problem or knows what could be happening please let me know.

what is the impedance of the components hopefully not lower then 1 ohm it can't do 1 ohm maybe it can but it isnt recommended

The components he has are 4 ohm so he is probably wired to 2 ohms. But if it worked for a while before the problem started and you checked all your wiring, I have to say the amp may going bad. I would check your impedance though because if you are running it at 8 ohms, that could be giving you problems too. Also check the individual impedance of all your components because if one of the components or crossovers somehow got damaged then it could be showing the wrong impedance causing your amp to protect. Im thinking this could be the problem since the amp still plays. Check the impedance of everything and make sure everything is correctly wired, if everything looks good than your amp is probably bad.

2007 Ford Focus SES Hatchback

Pioneer HU

4 Digital Designs 9515i's in a B pillar.

2 Soundstream XXX 15K's (running at 16 volts)

Soundstream Mids/Highs in custom door panels (getting rebuilt soon)

Soundstream TA2.160 and TA2.400

Sky High and KNU wiring

3 Banks of Maxwell caps 

Winston Lithium (not a fan)

Bump4Life 250 Amp Alt. aka USAlternators

Soundstream Focus and Avenger Build Log

Instagram @p4linnovation

YouTube: Team Blowin Loud 

like everyone says take every speaker off the amp and check the ohms just to make sure one of them not showing a high or low ohm.if it all checks out their something loose in the amp.

02 dodge ram 1500 reg cab 3rd gen

2 sundown sd-2 d4

soundstream rub1.2500 amp

all sky high car audio-fuse,fuse holder,wire,ring lugs and rca

flex tech

box design by Joe X

supension-mcgaughys 2in drop spindal ,western chassis 6in flip kit,buddy custom c-notch

04 5.7l hemi motor swap and made it an slt eletric everthing

youtube channel-http://www.youtube.c...43?feature=mhee

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/190882-02-dodge-ram-1500-3rd-gen/

The components he has are 4 ohm so he is probably wired to 2 ohms. But if it worked for a while before the problem started and you checked all your wiring, I have to say the amp may going bad. I would check your impedance though because if you are running it at 8 ohms, that could be giving you problems too. Also check the individual impedance of all your components because if one of the components or crossovers somehow got damaged then it could be showing the wrong impedance causing your amp to protect. Im thinking this could be the problem since the amp still plays. Check the impedance of everything and make sure everything is correctly wired, if everything looks good than your amp is probably bad.

i had something like that the crossovers were broken and the + and - were hitting each other internally.

so i got other crossovers and it worked fine after that.

Archived