Sundown Audio

OP, my goal was to try and give you good sound and safe advice not knowing your set-up. Apparently most agreed except for stealth. So you can take who's advice you wish. Mine or the kid (stealth) who chooses to argue like a 10 yr old. I may not be the top expert in the world, but i have been doing systems for 30yrs.

PS, I've done this for a living kid.

Stealth, son just because you have done for a living, doesn't mean you know what your doing. Your just another punk kid trying to be tough on the internet. Although i may be 47, i am definitely not your typical 47 yr old. And next time i visit Hawaii, i would be happy to to meet up with you and discuss your attitude. Yes while you may had a couple pf people agree with you, it appears more agree with me. You were the one making assumptions on the op system. Not knowing his lay out. I and several others gave him a safe solution. So maybe you should think twice before going out on a tantrum, usually the safe advice is the best advice. And when you sit there and call members fags, it sounds like you have personal issues that may need to come out of the closet.

yes my boy. pm me when you come. I'll give you a warm welcome.

TEAM SUNDOWN HAWAIIHAWAIICARAUDIO.NET

150Db Club

160Db club in the future

I see krakin as a threat

my amp does 2845 rms at 2 ohms, had 2 sa-12's on it, beat the living shit out of them, the coils never even had issues, but I had some voltage drop and cause clipping so I eventually friend the tinsels on it, but I have my voltage taken care of now, and recones just need to be glued, they will take a lot of power :) 2 ohms will sound a lot better, but the sa could take your amp @ 1ohm no problem, with box rise you will be getting like 70%ish or less of that anyways

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

2006 Mazda3 Hatchback Black 5 Spd Manual
Pioneer 4300DVD
2 Sundown SA-12 (34hz Tune, 3.22 cubes, 14.5 inches per cube, Triple Baffle)
Kicker 10ZX2500.1 (2845 RMS) Sub Amp
Kicker 11ZX650.4 (705 RMS) Mid Amp -- (3 Amps)
Kicker KQ3 Active Crossover
Kicker KQ30 Equalizer
Kicker 09QS60.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones)
Kicker 09QS65.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones) - (3 Sets)
2/0 Gauge Electron Beam Technologies (3 Runs, 2 +, 1 -)

1/0 Gauge KNU Kollasal Flex (1 Run for -)

300 Ft Kicker X-Series 16 Gauge Speaker Wire
XS Power D3400 (Rear)
XS Power D3100 (Front)
Singer Externally Regulated Alternator (Being Built)

+ The Love for Car Audio and BASS <3

UBL Build Log <------- Click Here-------> Normal Build Log (For Comments)

he has a 1ohm stable amp. why not get the most out of it? please answer this? he has a gain on his amp. and TEAM ht dont start. just because i live across the sea means you can act like a tough guy. you cant even see your dick.

150Db Club

160Db club in the future

I see krakin as a threat

I thought MOST of us here are here to get loud.. why would you recommend someone running 2 ohm, when their amp is stable at 1? I really am getting mindfucked here. lol

I don't want to be loud...

I want to get clean...

he has a 1ohm stable amp. why not get the most out of it? please answer this? he has a gain on his amp. and TEAM ht dont start. just because i live across the sea means you can act like a tough guy. you cant even see your dick.

Why send a less clear signal that will hurt the reproduction of the wave for a measly 200w?

How much louder would that really get him to to stress his system more?

• Like (+1 Rep) 1
b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

I thought MOST of us here are here to get loud.. why would you recommend someone running 2 ohm, when their amp is stable at 1? I really am getting mindfucked here. lol

I don't want to be loud...

I want to get clean...

Why send a less clear signal that will hurt the reproduction of the wave for a measly 200w?

How much louder would that really get him to to stress his system more?

THD is rated at 0.1% at rms. so yeah I dont understand your post.

150Db Club

160Db club in the future

I see krakin as a threat

STEALTH808 Myself and some others have recommended 2ohm set up, because we dont know what his elecrical set up is. The odds are if the Op has to ask the question. He most likely doesn't have an HO alt, extra batt, and done the big 3. Therefore the 2ohm would be easier and safer on his set up. That way down the road when he does these upgrades, he can then run 2 subs at 1ohm if he chooses. Why you are spazzing out at anyone giving him safe info, tells me you need a nap.

truthsayer

But is RMS what the speaker will see and only see? What happens if he suddenly gets a spike? Or plays a song with a little bit too much distortion?

Also I just posted this in another thread.

THD is not a valid form of measuring the quality of an amplifier.

I'll let a man much more educated than me explain it.

http://www.silcom.com/~aludwig/Amplifier_distortion.htm

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

But is RMS what the speaker will see and only see? What happens if he suddenly gets a spike? Or plays a song with a little bit too much distortion?

http://www.silcom.com/~aludwig/Amplifier_distortion.htm

I aint got time for you.

150Db Club

160Db club in the future

I see krakin as a threat

STEALTH808 Myself and some others have recommended 2ohm set up, because we dont know what his elecrical set up is. The odds are if the Op has to ask the question. He most likely doesn't have an HO alt, extra batt, and done the big 3. Therefore the 2ohm would be easier and safer on his set up. That way down the road when he does these upgrades, he can then run 2 subs at 1ohm if he chooses. Why you are spazzing out at anyone giving him safe info, tells me you need a nap.

This is an mb quart 1000.1 onyx.

150Db Club

160Db club in the future

I see krakin as a threat