Sundown Audio

Well there you have it op, he will take care of all of your reconing needs lol. I'm done here.

Edit- And by the way, the couple hundred watts (if that) extra he will see by running at 1ohm isn't going to make that big of a difference to the ear.

Edited by sprkn_ranger

Well there you have it op, he will take care of all of your reconing needs lol. I'm done here.

Edit- And by the way, the couple hundred watts (if that) extra he will see by running at 1ohm isn't going to make that big of a difference to the ear.

you are right, i wonder why all these dumbasses choose to run their amps at 1 ohm, when 2 ohm is safer and sounds the same :blush:

TEAM SUNDOWN HAWAIIHAWAIICARAUDIO.NET

150Db Club

160Db club in the future

I see krakin as a threat

The difference between 1ohm and 2ohms on his amp is 250w...hardly going to hear a difference.

You are right...he will most likely be fine running at 1ohm, the SA subs are beasts and have been proven to take quite a bit of abuse...BUT my whole argument this whole time is that we don't know if the op is capable of overpowering a sub. It doesn't take much to burn up a coil if you don't know how it happens or what you are doing, and the whole reason he was asking if it would be a good match was cause a guy is selling one for $150 which is a good deal, but it's a d4, so 2ohm is the lowest he can wire and that amp is rated at 150w more @2ohms then the SA's are rated at.

Edited by sprkn_ranger
  • Like (+1 Rep) 1

I ran 2 SA-10's on SAZ2500 without any problem.

1000watts for SA is nothing really. Considering that the box is right and amp is set right.

Also the amp you got will not really put out 1000wrms, at best you'll se 700-800wrms.

thank you for your input, seeing that you are coming from first hand experience.

I just want the OP to be loud.

Edited by STEALTH808

150Db Club

160Db club in the future

I see krakin as a threat

1000watts for SA is nothing really. Considering that the box is right and amp is set right.

This is exactly my point...the sub can handle it if the owner knows how to set it up right. We don't know his capabilities so we shouldn't assume he knows how.

This is exactly my point...the sub can handle it if the owner knows how to set it up right. We don't know his capabilities so we shouldn't assume he knows how.

play your sub, learn your sub, listen to your sub. any noob can do that. Im done here, seeing as this guy NEEDS to be right.

150Db Club

160Db club in the future

I see krakin as a threat

OP, all the arguments aside, if you can get a BNIB sa-12 for $150 grab it. i'm sure you will be very happy with the 750 watts and since i doubt you have any electrical upgrades then running that mbquart at 2ohm would be better for the amp too since you wont have as much voltage drop. Plus, you can grab a second sa-12 later that is d4 and then wire down to 1ohm once you have your electrical in order and you will be all set.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1