Sonic Electronix

here is a vid finally im uploading the other one atm so i will edit and such tiny pics made me wait 30 mins to upload one then said invalid code so i used this site.

http://videobam.com/sJjbe

http://videobam.com/DUrFN

box is 3.9 cubes before displacement tuned to 35 sealed trunk well mostly sealed still some deck rattle im working on,

questions and comments please

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

Looks pretty good :)

My audio system

HU - Kenwood KDC bt755HD

Subs - Sundown SA 10 -2

Amplifier - CT Sounds 900.1

Car - 2013 scion TC

"It matter's not what other's think about you as long as you are happy with who you are"

"Great people didn't not sit around and wait for great thing's to come their way, they laced up their shoes, went out kicked some ass and made them happen"

"Until you've taken a long walk in my size 11 you have no right to judge me"

Musical interests: We came as romans, A Day To Remember, Three Days Grace, Disturbed, Story Of The Year, Atreyu, Breaking Benjamin, rise against, bullet for my valentine, red, skillet, Volbeat, alterbridge, creed, T.I., B.o.B, Eminem, T-pain,

should be getting the surround for my w7 13 today gona place it in a box i already made that was 2 cubes after one of my re ses displacement tuned to 33 ish. gonna work on a double baffle here in a sec then cut it to fit the w7 plan on selling it or if i like it i may keep it.

gona be running the same amp but the sub will prolly see a little more power being that its d-1.5 so i have less cone area but a little more cone area then 1 12 atleast twice the motor force and xmax as well as twice the power" being 1 sub will be seeing power not 2"

ill take vids of that when i do it how do you guys think they will compare to one another

2-re se 12s vs 1 jl w7 13

hope this doesnt count as a vs thread being that im actually comparing the two

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

Looks pretty good :)

we have very similar music taste

Sweet, if you like the metal bands of my list then awesome. Not s whole lot of people keeping it alive nowadays :)

I think sound quality wise the jl will be better, no idea on which will be louder. Probably jl as well

My audio system

HU - Kenwood KDC bt755HD

Subs - Sundown SA 10 -2

Amplifier - CT Sounds 900.1

Car - 2013 scion TC

"It matter's not what other's think about you as long as you are happy with who you are"

"Great people didn't not sit around and wait for great thing's to come their way, they laced up their shoes, went out kicked some ass and made them happen"

"Until you've taken a long walk in my size 11 you have no right to judge me"

Musical interests: We came as romans, A Day To Remember, Three Days Grace, Disturbed, Story Of The Year, Atreyu, Breaking Benjamin, rise against, bullet for my valentine, red, skillet, Volbeat, alterbridge, creed, T.I., B.o.B, Eminem, T-pain,

in a way im kinda hoping the jl in all aspects because well i made it sexy :P

qp2qz4.jpg

yes its a mix of gorilla tape and sprayfoam behind it i wana glass it to make it look pretty and eliminate the tape flex

electrical at that time was big 3 with knu copper clad aluminum stock battery up front 1/0 to the back as well as ground and a kinetik 600 in the trunk. after displacement im not exactly sure id say 4.5 ish

so questions and such i put my jl in a box and i think theres coil rub when i started listening to music there is a rather loud pop at high volume but when i did a 20hz test and actually got some excursion out of this thing there was no other noise what so ever but at a 40 hz test there was. i mean worst case scenerio i have to buy another surround and dustcap so ill have 150 into this thing total but still for what it is. any thoughts?

but i must say listening to this thing at low volume it is the most transparent sub ive heard its amazing

so while i was driving i said fuck that putting more money into this bish came home carfully cut the surround off re glued it this time with the ring off and bam no coil rub. free aired it to make sure got some mad xmax out of it then put it away to let the glue finish drying

:ehh::ehh:

Actually the sound quality will be very similar and if the se's are v2's they should be as loud if not louder. To many variables to say for sure honestly. Car, box, amp, it all factors in. My opinion.....my se's sound just as good as my 13w6's did but the se's metered several deebz louder. Plus JL's can get a little boomy on rock/metal.

BMW 325i Kenwood KVT-647DVD

re xxx components

re 6.5 FR's

2 RE XXX 12's

2 US amps MD3D's

2 batcap 4k's

Archived