CleanSierra Posted October 24, 2013 Author Report Posted October 24, 2013 Ground noise is ABSOLUTELY gone. I got a PAC ground loop isolator( against my better judgement) and there is zero noise. Dare I say it's cleaner than its EVER been. I just have to get the amps dialed in for the different output voltage now. I backed the gains off a little since I have no clue if they are set too high or not. Once I DD1 both amps, it's on to ripping to ripping the box out and fixing it again. This Fosgate is destroying my enclosure. This will be the second time I've fixed it. I'll be adding bracing on the baffle, and fiberglass in the corners(again). I've already fiberglassed some of it, now I guess it's requiring me to do ALL of it. The fun world of mobile audio Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
CleanSierra Posted October 24, 2013 Author Report Posted October 24, 2013 Oh, and after the box is fixed again, I have to figure out WHERE I'm going to put 3 of the OM-1 meters I have sitting in my closet. I'm going to make a console type box to nestle up under the dash. It won't be a full length console but it will mold into where the ashtray is. I will either vinyl it, or paint to match the rest of the stuff. Good times Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
Crandis16 Posted October 24, 2013 Report Posted October 24, 2013 JVC seems to be stepping up their game. I always knew them to be shitty product My Red zx2 Build Log My Black zx2 Build Log My Red zx2 UBL
CleanSierra Posted October 24, 2013 Author Report Posted October 24, 2013 JVC seems to be stepping up their game. I always knew them to be shitty product Kenwood owns them and the products mimic those of Kenwood. When this screen turns on, it said JVC Kenwood Corporation. It's a nice HU man, very nice. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
tashspop Posted October 26, 2013 Report Posted October 26, 2013 so hows the display resolution, and do you use android phone? if so hows that link up to it?
CleanSierra Posted October 26, 2013 Author Report Posted October 26, 2013 So far I'm running my Android to it through Bluetooth and the sound.quality is good. The display looks great as far as resolution, its really as good as my previous Kenwood eXcelon double din HU. The EQ offers more than just a typical 3 band adjustment. It had a PRO setting that allows you to tweak your curves and adjust Q as well. It's also got xover settings for front,rear, and subwoofer. It also offers to swap subs 180° out of phase like most good HUs will do. Volume adjustment is fast by just turning your finger in a circle on the face of the HU, clockwise for louder, counter clockwise for volume down. I'm really impressed with it so far. I expected to lose a little sound quality from not having my 7 band Clarion anymore. It sounds just as clean as ever and no more sub pop when I turn the key off. As far as screen resolution, I have yet to run a video through it. I'll do that to check it out Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.