CleanSierra Posted October 12, 2013 Report Posted October 12, 2013 So I'm complicating my life with a new HU. It's 4V out, DVD, iPod compatible and BT. Let's see how this goes Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
n8ball2013 Posted October 12, 2013 Report Posted October 12, 2013 that is a really clean looking head unit. THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
CleanSierra Posted October 12, 2013 Author Report Posted October 12, 2013 Thank you N8, that's really what I thought when I decided to buy it. The features, plus the looks. I've never cared for the double din units that had all that garbage off to the left side with knobs and buttons. Plus a 7" screen beats a 6.1" screen all day. Removable face plate(never seen that on a newer double din): Neoprene carrying case: Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
CleanSierra Posted October 12, 2013 Author Report Posted October 12, 2013 After getting out home and opening it, it was kind of a bummer to see that the Sub out RCA was just a single. I went and bought a male in and twin female Y-adapter so I can hook up my Fosgate RCAs. That's the only negative thing I see so far. I'm optimistic that this will be a solid HU. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
One Way Posted October 12, 2013 Report Posted October 12, 2013 That jvc was going to be my next purchase but I decided to get the other jvc kw adv65bt because I like to physically turn the volume with a knob. Also the removable faceplate is a big plus for me. T-line build- http://www.stevemead...e-t-line-build/
jview Posted October 13, 2013 Report Posted October 13, 2013 I have the same unit. I like it a lot only problem im having is it sometimes skips forward to a different folder when i try to change the song with my steering wheel controls. Shit can be annoying. O and you have to buy the ipod cable to get the music to play from apple products bs. Other than that great unit.
CleanSierra Posted October 13, 2013 Author Report Posted October 13, 2013 I already bought the iPod video adapter. I also don't have steering wheel controls, so there won't be any issue there. I'm noticing mine didn't come with a remote. Is it supposed to have one? A cool feature I noticed when going through the manual is the ability to take a screen shot of any video and set that as your background. I've not seen any other units do that try, I'm sure they are out there I just haven't seen it. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
CleanSierra Posted October 15, 2013 Author Report Posted October 15, 2013 So here is a problem. Got it hooked up with the special JVC-iPod video cable. The run time is playing on the HU and I can skip to tracks and such, but NO sound? CDs work as well as the Bluetooth and the Tuner option. Ipod is just silent. What could I have done wrong? I noticed that the cable is NOT the same post number as what is written in the install manual. Could it be a simple issue as this? The weird thing is, it shows my play time on the song and allows me to select whatever don't I wasn't. so the desk recognizes the iPod and that it's playing, but there is no sound. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
Krakin Posted October 15, 2013 Report Posted October 15, 2013 As long as it is an AUX - AUX cable it should work. Try and removing the 24-pin connector and just use the AUX. Or after you plug in everything, have the truck running, unplug and replug the AUX. If you have it plugged in then start the truck it messes with it sometimes. Those are all things my Kenwood has to do sometimes. Krakin's Home Dipole Project http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370 Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist? I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . . What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself but what has drawn your attention in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears, thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.