Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

will 2x 18's and 2x 10in ports fit?


Chance_P

Recommended Posts

Posted

Anyone know or know how to figure out if I can fit 2 hdc318 and 2 10 inch sonotube ports on a 22.5h 44w area? Only gonna be single baffle since its such a small area but will be braced.

Posted

well for sure the 13" or port is going to choke those subs out. and if i remember correctly those subs like 6-7 cubes. i would add more port which will then decrease the box size. and you dont want that

Everything I have read on this site says 6ft3 per is ideal. 16-18 per cube for slot and due to efficiency of round ports you can get away with a few less inches. Thats just what ive read on this site. I don't have any first hand experience with hdc318's yet, just hdc312s.

Posted

Alright, hopefully he will pop in here. I designed another box with a slot port but it had to be a little taller than I wanted. Its got 195 inches of port with 12.02ft3 after displacement. Ill probably end up going with the slot unless someone can confirm 2x 10in round ports will be big enough. Ive only got an aq2200. It pushes my hdc312's a decent amount but I can tell they want more. Im going to order an aq3500 when my "toy" money recovers. Id get another 2200 but I dont wanna run them each at .5 ohms daily.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6077 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...