Second Skin Audio

wft!!! box problems

gmsierra2000

so...... I am new to building subwoofer boxes, I have been all over the internet to find this answer and can find it anywhere..

my gear is 2 15" Rockford fosgate T1D415. I am building a box with a center port to 30 hz (Rap). I used re audio sub builder calculator to get my measurements, my problem lies in the port width. It states that if I build a box for one sub then I will need a port width of 3" and 3" from the rear port wall to the rear box wall, but if I build two separate boxes and remove the port wall from both boxes to become one big box port down the middle of the sub box so each sub will have its own individual port structure will my port width double to 6" with 3" around port wall to the back of the box or stay 3" wide with 3" rear port wall to the back of the box? im trying to figure out the center opening like the picture below... should that be 6" or 3" with 3" opening all the way around the port wall inside the box

A15Y_1_20120730_15056058.jpg

so...... I am new to building subwoofer boxes, I have been all over the internet to find this answer and can find it anywhere..

my gear is 2 15" Rockford fosgate T1D415. I am building a box with a center port to 30 hz (Rap). I used re audio sub builder calculator to get my measurements, my problem lies in the port width. It states that if I build a box for one sub then I will need a port width of 3" and 3" from the rear port wall to the rear box wall, but if I build two separate boxes and remove the port wall from both boxes to become one big box port down the middle of the sub box so each sub will have its own individual port structure will my port width double to 6" with 3" around port wall to the back of the box or stay 3" wide with 3" rear port wall to the back of the box? im trying to figure out the center opening like the picture below... should that be 6" or 3" with 3" opening all the way around the port wall inside the box, the second pic is more like what I want to do with my box. a better inside box view

A15Y_1_20120730_15056058.jpg

10cr97o.jpg

this is going in a 2000 GMS sierra ex cab, I removed my rear seat to make a custom box. I want to make the two Rockford 15" T1D415 rock the shit out of my truck, so hopefully at 30Hz tune it will get it done, I am running a RF1500bdcp amp down to 1 ohm, birth sheet 1750 watts rms.. I usually make sealed sub boxes (easy) and this is going to be my first curf ported box. both port and subs will be firing towards my driver and passenger seat. do you guy think my set up and box idea will get me the result that I am looking for from the information I provided above?

Archived