Sonic Electronix

small amp turns on intermidiatly

so way back when when parts expess was having there sales for the kicker amps that do 100 rms at 1 ohm i picked up 2 i gutted one to try to save another amp " still have guts"

and after a while i found the one im using atm its currently wired in my house. i have a ac,dc converter running it it has high ins so those are coming from my kenwood reciever. and then the sub is running a old 6ohm sony sub so its not anywhere near its min ohm loud the subs not seeing hardly anypower. but whats been happening is the amp turns on and off on its own.

ill try to find specs if i can but

not sure what to try here if somethings bad in the amp i can repair it being i have the other amps board id just need help figuring out what went wrong

my ac- dc converter is one for a colmen fridge ive converted a car charger that i had for a dc-ac converter thats hard wired to the amp then plugged into the ac-dc converter

the specs on the converter says it makes 12v @ 5.25a that should be well enough for this little amp especially at the loud its getting

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

I've had this issue before trying to run bigger amps on a computer power supply in the house. The amp itself may be damaged or its pulling more current than your power supply can provide. Try wiring it up in your car or to a car battery. Chances are it works fine if not you know its the amp.

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

used a battery jump back and it turned on worked for about 30 seconds then slowly dimmed and turned off any idea as to what inside the amp could be doing this

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

Archived