Second Skin Audio

sundown x-10's or zv3 12's?

blakgtp

I actually just looked up the 10s and they don't have less effective Sd like the other sized X series, so that's my bad. The 12" and 15" models, however DO have less effective Sd than the industry standard.

On a side note, give given zero helpful information in this thread except some great one liners. Do you care to actually help the OP with some real knowledge?

yeah i stopped him from taking the other guys ridiculous port size. I also let him know that you misinformed him about the cone area of the 10s being smaller.

I also suggested he do a 4th order bandpass because he wants low end. sometimes its hard to get decent lows out of a sealed trunk because the subs have nothing to "load" off of, but with a bandpass that would be less of an issue.

TEAM SUNDOWN HAWAIIHAWAIICARAUDIO.NET

150Db Club

160Db club in the future

I see krakin as a threat

I wouldn't suggest for someone who may not know much, to attempt to build a 4th order bandpass. A 4th order bandpass is going to require a TON of port to operate properly, far more than a normal bandpass box. I'm speaking specifically about this sub.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

If you read John's suggestion for the 2 X10s, he's right on the money for what 2 of them would need in a ported box.

Edit- For the X10s he suggested 75" for a 30Hz tune and 85" for a 35Hz tune. Those are the numbers I come up with also.

I wouldn't suggest for someone who may not know much, to attempt to build a 4th order bandpass. A 4th order bandpass is going to require a TON of port to operate properly, far more than a normal bandpass box. I'm speaking specifically about this sub.

what is considered a normal bandpass box?

150Db Club

160Db club in the future

I see krakin as a threat

Uh what?

what is considered a normal bandpass box?

150Db Club

160Db club in the future

I see krakin as a threat

Archived