Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

sundown x-10's or zv3 12's?


blakgtp

Recommended Posts

Posted

I have a maximum of 3.7-4.0 cubes net to use. Will be firing forward sealed off from trunk (because I hate trunk rattle but also the box will be too big to allow much air to pass by if I fire back/side). My goal is to be as loud as possible at the 26-35hz region. So pretty low, I play a lot of decaf and love the lows. Power is 3-3.5k watts. So the question is which woofer is best suited for my specific needs? I know the sundown x-10's are designed to dominate the lows but there is considerably less cone area than 2 12's. I would do two x-12's but I don't have anywhere close to enough room for that. thanks in advance

Posted

What amp

Why not 3 x-10

You say net for you volume

But how did you come up with that

My option is mock up each box on Torres and see what will fit better

And that would be my choise

Posted

The amp is a digital designs m3b. The net volume I came up with was based off of some experimenting with torres. My max dimensions are 30"w 28"d 14"h. Also far as what fits better.. they both fit except with the 10's I could use an aero but with the 12's I wouldn't have enough room for an aero. I don't mind doing a slot port though.

Posted

What amp

Why not 3 x-10

You say net for you volume

But how did you come up with that

My option is mock up each box on Torres and see what will fit better

And that would be my choise

I don't have enough room for 3 x-10's. Those subs want 1.75-2.0 cubes each

Posted

2 x10s, 4th order

I'm not doing a 4th order...yet. Just want to do ported for now.

Also, Does anyone know the recommend port area for 2 x-10's? One local box builder told me to use a 6" aero, then I was reading a thread where someone stated minimum 70 sq in of port for these subs? I know there is no magic number but figured there should be a general guideline. (typical is 12-16sq in per foot)

Posted

that's a lot of port. lol seems almost ridiculous

Wait for a few more to chime in as well

But you need to remember you

You have 30mm Xmas one way at 70%bl

(Mech clearance is 50mm)

And your over powering them as well

Compared to 12mm in the E range

There is a lot more that goes into port area then the rule of thumb 12-16 sq" per ft

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 551 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...