CleanSierra Posted October 18, 2013 Report Posted October 18, 2013 Sorry to clutter your thread OP, I don't want you falling victim to bad information though You can always PM John or myself if you want help. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
STEALTH808 Posted October 18, 2013 Report Posted October 18, 2013 I actually just looked up the 10s and they don't have less effective Sd like the other sized X series, so that's my bad. The 12" and 15" models, however DO have less effective Sd than the industry standard. On a side note, give given zero helpful information in this thread except some great one liners. Do you care to actually help the OP with some real knowledge? yeah i stopped him from taking the other guys ridiculous port size. I also let him know that you misinformed him about the cone area of the 10s being smaller. I also suggested he do a 4th order bandpass because he wants low end. sometimes its hard to get decent lows out of a sealed trunk because the subs have nothing to "load" off of, but with a bandpass that would be less of an issue. TEAM SUNDOWN HAWAIIHAWAIICARAUDIO.NET 150Db Club 160Db club in the future I see krakin as a threat
CleanSierra Posted October 18, 2013 Report Posted October 18, 2013 I wouldn't suggest for someone who may not know much, to attempt to build a 4th order bandpass. A 4th order bandpass is going to require a TON of port to operate properly, far more than a normal bandpass box. I'm speaking specifically about this sub. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
CleanSierra Posted October 18, 2013 Report Posted October 18, 2013 If you read John's suggestion for the 2 X10s, he's right on the money for what 2 of them would need in a ported box. Edit- For the X10s he suggested 75" for a 30Hz tune and 85" for a 35Hz tune. Those are the numbers I come up with also. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
STEALTH808 Posted October 18, 2013 Report Posted October 18, 2013 I wouldn't suggest for someone who may not know much, to attempt to build a 4th order bandpass. A 4th order bandpass is going to require a TON of port to operate properly, far more than a normal bandpass box. I'm speaking specifically about this sub. what is considered a normal bandpass box? TEAM SUNDOWN HAWAIIHAWAIICARAUDIO.NET 150Db Club 160Db club in the future I see krakin as a threat
CleanSierra Posted October 18, 2013 Report Posted October 18, 2013 I wouldn't suggest for someone who may not know much, to attempt to build a 4th order bandpass. A 4th order bandpass is going to require a TON of port to operate properly, far more than a normal bandpass box. I'm speaking specifically about this sub. Uh what? Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
STEALTH808 Posted October 18, 2013 Report Posted October 18, 2013 I wouldn't suggest for someone who may not know much, to attempt to build a 4th order bandpass. A 4th order bandpass is going to require a TON of port to operate properly, far more than a normal bandpass box. I'm speaking specifically about this sub. what is considered a normal bandpass box? TEAM SUNDOWN HAWAIIHAWAIICARAUDIO.NET 150Db Club 160Db club in the future I see krakin as a threat
STEALTH808 Posted October 18, 2013 Report Posted October 18, 2013 what is considered a normal bandpass box? i had trouble with the quote/multi quote thing. TEAM SUNDOWN HAWAIIHAWAIICARAUDIO.NET 150Db Club 160Db club in the future I see krakin as a threat
CleanSierra Posted October 18, 2013 Report Posted October 18, 2013 That was a typo, I meant normal ported box, not bandpass. Edit-I was having issues with the quoting as well Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
STEALTH808 Posted October 18, 2013 Report Posted October 18, 2013 That was a typo, I meant normal ported box, not bandpass. okay. TEAM SUNDOWN HAWAIIHAWAIICARAUDIO.NET 150Db Club 160Db club in the future I see krakin as a threat
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.