Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

box help for 2 re xxx 15d2


madnking

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi guys need some help with box ideas. I dont have the room id like to have for 2 15d2 xxx's.

I have a 2007 grand cherokee. The room im working with is 42 wide, 20, high, 25 deep. I want a ported ox for daily driver some spl. I think Im gonna have to fire subs up port up because at 25 deep I wont have much room for port to exhaust past rear glass n door. Any one with exp with xxx there the 2013 editions please chime in. I will have 3600 watts to each sub for spl and xial it back for daily use thanks. I dont mind throwing 15$ for a good design.

Posted

You are going to need a minimum of 13-16cubes net for 4 XXX. Its not going to happen with the dimentions you posted. Each sub has a 16" diameter which will also not fit on a face of a 42x25/20 . Your better off with a proper enclosure for two XXX and you probably still won't have enough port area with the optimal required ft^3

Posted

My error,totally misread that. at 20"h you will be around 30hz,3cubes net,50sq inch per sub port area. Not really something you want to have with 2 re XXX.

If you can make your enclosure 25"H your subs will thank you for it and it will be a bit louder.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6077 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...