Sundown Audio

Kenwood KAC-9105D, thoughts?

DireRaptor22

Dunno if hifonics will be less power Hungry or not. I would go with the AT1200. You posted a link to. You will need new power wire for amp though, 0 guage

My audio system

HU - Kenwood KDC bt755HD

Subs - Sundown SA 10 -2

Amplifier - CT Sounds 900.1

Car - 2013 scion TC

"It matter's not what other's think about you as long as you are happy with who you are"

"Great people didn't not sit around and wait for great thing's to come their way, they laced up their shoes, went out kicked some ass and made them happen"

"Until you've taken a long walk in my size 11 you have no right to judge me"

Musical interests: We came as romans, A Day To Remember, Three Days Grace, Disturbed, Story Of The Year, Atreyu, Breaking Benjamin, rise against, bullet for my valentine, red, skillet, Volbeat, alterbridge, creed, T.I., B.o.B, Eminem, T-pain,

Dunno if hifonics will be less power Hungry or not. I would go with the AT1200. You posted a link to. You will need new power wire for amp though, 0 guage

Ohhh great... I'm currently running 4 AWG so I'd have to rewire the entire thing :( DOH!

I guess it's probably easier to start with the Hifonics then -_-

“The fascination of flight can't be expressed with words. But it really lies beyond the capabilities of human endeavor. Once you've experienced it, you'll never be able to forget it.” - Friedrich Oblessor

ct sounds/audiotechnix > anything maxxsonics makes.

spend the $34 more from the $166 and you'll get an amp that is higher quality and outputs more power. that is, the ct 1200.

This one? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Audio-Technix-1200-1-amp-amplifier-1200w-RMS-2400w-MAX-Class-D-1-ohm-stable-/121106776171

For $200 looks quite promising... they are also very close by... same state so shipping would be fast too!

Yes, this is the amp I stated in the first post. It is better than the two amps you listed.

I just bought the at1200.1 and it's waaaaaaaaaaaaay better quality then the hifonics brz 1200.1 i had before. Don't be a cheap ass, and buy a great at amp at stupid prices!

Edit: forgot to mention Steve Meade just tested the ctsounds 1400.1 on the amp test tuesday. Which is ALMOST the same amp at the at1200.1 except it's lacking a couple MINOR features. check out the video man!

I'd totally pickup the CT 1200.1 if it supports 4 AWG wire... can anybody confirm this? I just don't feel like going through the hassle of buying 0 gauge wire, rewiring my vehicle (possibly drilling a larger hole at the firewall), and then end up with another car... plus 0 AWG wire is only necessary for higher power systems which my stock electrical won't support anyways...

“The fascination of flight can't be expressed with words. But it really lies beyond the capabilities of human endeavor. Once you've experienced it, you'll never be able to forget it.” - Friedrich Oblessor

I think your best bet is to buy a DD M1c if you have no plans on upgrading wire size alt size or add battery's. Simply because there rated a 12 volt and are highly efficient.

The M1c has a 87 percent efficiency also the recommenced wire is 4 gauge while making 1200 to 1700 watts depending on how strong your electrical is at the moment or in the future in a different vehicle.

hears a link

http://www.ddaudio.com/products/mobile-audio/amplifiers/mono-block-amplifiers/m1c

It is far more expensive then any other amps suggested.

I think your best bet is to buy a DD M1c

Yea... you're right about that LOL...

But in all seriousness it should be OK to use 4 AWG wire in a 1/0 terminal... yes? Since it's only gonna be 1200W

I think your best bet is to buy a DD M1c

Yea... you're right about that LOL...

But in all seriousness it should be OK to use 4 AWG wire in a 1/0 terminal... yes? Since it's only gonna be 1200W

Nt correct it has 1/0 inputs for a reason. That amp does close to 1800 ram at 14.4 volts

2000 Toyota Camry With Sealed Off Trunk

Sky High OFC Wiring

DC Power 270 XP Alt

AQ 2200 Sub Amp

Two DC Level 4 m2 12s

80 Mil Murdetmat

Gathering Parts For Wall Build.

Team DC Audio 2014 Member

I ended up going with the BRX1100.1D since it had amazing reviews on both Sonic Electronix and Amazon. Hooked it up to both SA-12s at 1 ohm. No problems whatsoever, it actually slams harder than my Kenwood did. Here's the weird part though...

My Kenwood was 900W RMS @ 1 ohm, this Hifonics amp is 1100W RMS @ 1 ohm, but my Kenwood dimmed my lights A LOT more than this amp, despite having a lower power draw. I can literally turn this up so loud my windshield wipers are bouncing and my lights are barely dimming at all (of course at full tilt it'll still dim). Can anybody explain this?

Archived