Powerware batteries. Any personal experience?

Alright so I've been saving up for the past few weeks to invest in a decent sized batt bank for my rebuild. Checked out Square Deal Battery Co. which is a local place down here in Tampa. Really old place, they still do everything on paper, etc. Anyways, I went to check them out a month or two ago because I heard that other people have had pretty good experiences with getting C&D batteries there for pretty cheap.

Long story short, I'm basically told that they get what they get in terms of batteries. Different shipments they'll may get different types of batteries and all, so the day that I went to check them out they had Powerware batteries and didn't have the C&D's I've read about. I'm just wondering if anybody has any personal experience with the Powerware batteries. Tried searching for reviews online but they just aren't there.

I was told that the group 31s were ~105-109 AH and costed $50 + $40 core charge, and that group 31 talls were ~140 AH and costed $70 + $60 core charge. Really inexpensive and yes I do know that you get what you pay for in most cases, but I haven't really read anything bad about the C&D's they sometimes have and I'm assuming they're the same price. The guy just referred to the prices by group size, not by brand. Thanks for reading and hopefully I can find somebody with a say on Powerwares. Or if you even have any C&D experience that'd be helpful too :)

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

Archived