Jeremy Meyer Posted October 23, 2013 Report Posted October 23, 2013 Pretty new to car audio and am installing an aftermarket system in my 04 jeep grand Cherokee. So far I have the subs hooked up and an working on door and dash speakers. For the door speakers I picked up some Memphis audio 6.5 co axle speakers that came with a crossover. The replacement dash speakers are Memphis audio 2.75 inch but didn't come with any type of crossover. I was looking at bass blockers but I'm not really sure which ones to get. The speakers are rated at 190 Hz. But with roll off rates of the capacitor I think I sold look for simmering substantially higher. Thoughts?
BoomZoom808 Posted October 24, 2013 Report Posted October 24, 2013 You will probably be fine with a cut around 300hz depending on how much power you are throwing at them. This will cut most of the punch or pop out of the speaker which a 2.75 isn't going to have much of anyway and you will lose some warmth in the sound cutting that high. If you are not to concerned about the lower vocals coming out of these speakers you could go higher. 2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS Knu OFC 1/0 SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750 Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5 IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12
BoomZoom808 Posted October 24, 2013 Report Posted October 24, 2013 This link also has a graph with bass blocker info http://www.sonicelectronix.com/cat_i451_bass-blockers.html 2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS Knu OFC 1/0 SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750 Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5 IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.