JRminivan Posted October 24, 2013 Report Posted October 24, 2013 My wife surprised me with a new amp and subs after we got two horses. She got a Soundstream TX1.2600 and two HDC3 12" D1, it came with a 4.67 cube box tuned to 31 hertz. From what I have been reading on the HDC3 they like higher tuning, so I would like to build a new box and just wondering how many cubes and what to tune at? I read that 36-38 hertz is a good number. Its will be going into a 2010 Dodge Journey SXT, any input would be great thanks.
AMI CUSTOMS Posted October 24, 2013 Report Posted October 24, 2013 Tune like you said 36-38 for higher output on daily. You can do either aero or slot port. On that power I would shoot for 5 cubes net. Depending on port style that will determine how much port area you need. TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain 3x Streetbeat World Record Holder 2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4 2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db 2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db 2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db 2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db 2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4 2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db 2011 MWSPL 4th place: Adv3 - 157.8 db, Kaos2 - 150s db, Xtreme4 - 140s db 2010 ARSPL 1st place 501-750 - 160.3 db Arkansas loudest Best score to date 164.4 db - Termlab Outlaw Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db MWSPL on Dash Legal door open (Music) - 162.5 db Sealed on dash Legal (Music) - 161.1 db - Termlab THE BLACK NASTY CURRENT BUILD & FAB The Black Nasty (6) 15 Rebuild Log 2012 (4) 15 Walled Sierra Build Log Evo X build log Facebook page The Black Nasty
BassHead1990 Posted October 24, 2013 Report Posted October 24, 2013 damn two horses and had money for a system (2007 Chevy Tahoe LT) Mechman 320A OEM AGM D'Amore Engineering HLC-2 Sig Converter D'Amore Engineering E1500.1 Fi Audio Neo 3.5 12"
JRminivan Posted October 24, 2013 Author Report Posted October 24, 2013 I would want to go with a slotted port on the driver side. Now on that I have a question, I had a 3rd row seat in the car but I removed it to gain space. I build a false floor and now the floor in sitting lower then the rear hatch, is that going to be a problem? I can take pictures tomorrow during the day if that helps. My max is 38" wide X 20" deep X 22" high. The reason I'm going 20" deep is to leave room for groceries and 22" high is flush with the back seat.
JRminivan Posted October 24, 2013 Author Report Posted October 24, 2013 damn two horse and had money for a system The first horse we got was a Standardbred and the second one is a Straight Egyptian Arabian.
jarrius Posted October 24, 2013 Report Posted October 24, 2013 I have 1 hdc3 12 and it's tuned to 36 and sounds great I personally would try there 2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d 140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed) 140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL 142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at) 141 on music. strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said: when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole
JRminivan Posted October 24, 2013 Author Report Posted October 24, 2013 I never used Torres but how does this look? Now I have a question, the box will be build sub up with double baffle and port back. So for the height of the port I take the bottom and the double baffle off to get the height of the port? or did I do that wrong?
JRminivan Posted October 25, 2013 Author Report Posted October 25, 2013 So here is what I came up with, I just didn't know how to take the cut out for the subs. Input is always welcome.
c.patton Posted October 25, 2013 Report Posted October 25, 2013 I have two alpine swr-1042 subs and a hifonics be1700.1 wondering if you can help with box??
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.