Sundown Audio

Can subs be damaged from distortion over time? (too little power)

Bass Teen

@ Skittlesrgood

I am being honest with you .....these speakers pounded......made my rear view drop all the way down .......they sounded great and flexed my back doors . Of course I can tell distortion when i hear it.

The question is how much distortion....Im not a meter and cant detect distortion at its slightest.

because of the damage done to your speakers and the gain being on full, I'm sorry to tell you but no you can't hear distortion. trust me and my experience. you were clipping hard and didn't know it. it doesn't mean you're stupid, it just means you're new. I've heard a lot of systems where the owner bragged about how great their system sounded when it actually sounded like crap to anyone with experience.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

@ Skittlesrgood

I am being honest with you .....these speakers pounded......made my rear view drop all the way down .......they sounded great and flexed my back doors . Of course I can tell distortion when i hear it.

The question is how much distortion....Im not a meter and cant detect distortion at its slightest.

because of the damage done to your speakers and the gain being on full, I'm sorry to tell you but no you can't hear distortion. trust me and my experience. you were clipping hard and didn't know it. it doesn't mean you're stupid, it just means you're new. I've heard a lot of systems where the owner bragged about how great their system sounded when it actually sounded like crap to anyone with experience.

@ Skittlesrgood

Because I can't like this post twice.....

He's telling you the truth.... Can you smell your subs cooking?.... Are they in the trunk? Subs stinking is a good way too know they aren't happy.

Ok

Will turn to some other brands :D

I visit the U.S once a year ......maybe next year ill send down some boxes filled with some replacements. Instead of the hassle of buying it here.

I've decided I will get a better amp and better subs

Car audio .......nuff said lol ... just jokingIm a teenager currently studying law but all i can think about is car audio....

Thanks for your prompt responses

Car audio .......nuff said lol ... just jokingIm a teenager currently studying law but all i can think about is car audio....

i will probably put up a picture of the setup....

will probably look weird to you guys .though

Probably in the morning

and no its not in a trunk......its a hatchback Toyota Rush previously known as Daihatsu Terios

Ok

Will turn to some other brands :D

I visit the U.S once a year ......maybe next year ill send down some boxes filled with some replacements. Instead of the hassle of buying it here.

I've decided I will get a better amp and better subs

There are far superior subs to be had for sure, but all of your subs failed from user error.... Meaning all the subs you mentioned had the tell tale signs of being clipped to death. I could be wrong on one but the rest all clip city as someone would say.

fix typing and add some

Ok

I understand. Thanks

just making sure you got this: learn how to use a voltage meter to set the gains. it'll do you a lot of good, and it's fun.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

mt9t9e.jpg

Archived