Second Skin Audio

4 AB xfl1222 ported box help, ideas, tricks, hints, (help)

Rich Schenk

i am building my first ported box for a my 97 hyundai tiburon. put together a box design together with torres. was wondering if anyone could help me with box construction of the box because i have only built sealed and have never built ported. going to have subs up port back.

[imgURL=http://s1331.photobucket.com/user/rsnookie69/media/box%20designs%20for%204%20abxfl%201222/abtest1_zpsf78bc284.png.html]abtest1_zpsf78bc284.png[/url]

really need help with how to subtract for bracing and building the port part of it. Cant figure out google sketchup. would love if someone could help me out and show me a 3d rendering of this box. please help bought the mdf and want to get this built and pounding.

please let me know all help is greatly appreciated.

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

Are you sure you can fit a box with those dimensions in a Tibi? That seems like an awfully big enclosure to fit in the hatch area. IF you can fit the thing, your design seems pretty good(without me looking up specifics on that sub). The displacement of the port is already taken into effect, so no worries there. As far as bracing, maybe add .06-.10 for dowels. If using threaded rod don't even worry about it. Even the .06-.10 won't affect your tuning or airspace anything noticeable.

So, as far as design, I'm assuming you are wanting to run the port along the bottom(parallel with the bottom) of the box? Again, so you have clearance in FRONT of where the port will fire of at least 11"?

Just make your port the dimensions you have listed. You may include the .75" of the side of the box in your length measurements. So if you need 20" of depth on the port, cut your piece 19.25".

Same with your other pieces. So from what it looks like you'd need 2 pieces at 13.75"X19.25"(if you are going to butt the port up the the side of the box and include the .75" from the side wall in your measurement). The other piece will be 19.25" in depth just like your other two pieces, but it will be 12.5". That will be the top of your port wall and will give you 11X13" for your inner port dimensions.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived