hey guys noob here,

anyway i didnt see an member introductions section so this will be my intro and the start of my newest build, my 1998 2 door blazer i call the BASSLER...

ive been in car audio proffesionally since 1987 (i know im old school) and have been in audio except for a few years here and there ever since...i work for my self in Statesboro ga at CARRTUNZ....also im a Buick Grand National/Turbo Regal enthusiest and im a moderator on turbobuick.com (under same screen name)...

anyway thanks for having me...

heres the BASSLER...going with 12 twelves, around 19-20k watts,four alts, seven batteries...im still in the planning and designing stage, so my plans will most likely change..my goals are;

165 db+ sq!!

iasca idbl world finalist in 2014

planning on doing this with sealed sub enclosures...just a personal taste i guess....i know things has changed, so im open to ideas and constructive critism...

.heres some pics...

1998 the "BASSLER" Phoenix Gold Demo vehicle for CARRTUNZ

Gary "Captian Electrical" @ CARRTUNZ........2001 IASCA IDBL ADV 1441 WORLD FINALST

im looking for the "add pictures tab" i guess i have too low of a post count?

Gary "Captian Electrical" @ CARRTUNZ........2001 IASCA IDBL ADV 1441 WORLD FINALST

I did 162+ in 2001 iasca idbl adv 1441 up.......but that was with audio control spl meters iasca used all year...i heard term lab usually reads lower but more accurate?

what's your setup? are you doing a burp or are you playing music? have you done some testing to see what your peak frequency is?

Gary "Captain Electrical" Kokotis owner of Carrtunz in Statesboro Ga....iasca world finalist

what's your setup? are you doing a burp or are you playing music? have you done some testing to see what your peak frequency is?

Guessing this was for me.

Background: Started as a music build, flat response desired hence the sealed enclosure. After getting it all put together and playing with it, I think I can get 150 before I totally change it. I am going to a ported wall build with Fi subs in a few months.

2002 Monte Carlo SS, box in trunk, 2x HCCA 15s on Hifonics amps.

The subs currently fire up into trunklid. Its far from ideal. My plan is to move the subs to the front of the box (seat opening) and seal off the trunk to the box. I believe it will 150 then. Right now peak freq seems to be around 40hz, knowing this will change when I move my box.

I'll say it now though, I'm only goofing around with my sealed box setup, it wont be permanent, at least in this vehicle. The wall build will stay once I get it done.

Yeah, I forgot to quote you and I had a carrtunz account...i need to see if a moderator can delete that account.if you turn the box forward and seal it to the cars interior, it will be louder...alot of pressure is lost in the trunk...

Archived