Jump to content

Alpine 9885 Heat Sink Very Hot


Recommended Posts

Posted

I got a 9885 a week ago and was installing today. It's going into a 86 Mercedes so I connected everything temporarily to make sure the wiring was correct. After setting it up and running it for about 10 minuets the rear heat sink was to hot to touch.

Normal? If not what might be causing this or do I need to return to BB?

Posted

how loud were you running it? at low volume I would say yes. at high probably not. Oh yeah and your not running it to the factory Bose that are .5 ohms are you? If so thats the reason.

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

Posted

Roscoe -- Thanks. Not running high at all. No Bose as this is an 86 and only has 4" in the dash. I know pretty weak speakers but the rest of the audio redo is slowly coming in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1085 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...