New to SPL and big systems

Ohhh

you guys buddies ?

Dylan,.. let me know that shit.. lol...

My bad haha check your pms, I got the coils I ordered bro :/ idk what happened with yours? Sucks though :/ make them give you free recones!! And have them ship me a carbon fiber dustcap lol

2006 Ford Explorer

2 Team AA/Sundown 15s

6th order

Ct Sounds 7k

4 PRV Mr500 8s

Rockford p1000-2

Team Subsonic Lows

^^^ Good advice by bighoss

There are brands that are better than others. The question of which ones will go down a wormhole really quick on the forums though.

Brands like mentioned above (ones not found for sale on the big onilne sites and in normal retail stores), will usually offer a better performacne per $ ratio. They also tend to be more reliable with their ratings and information.

2012 North American Street Stock Runner-up - 150.9 on 1800 clamped watts (Teammate)
2013 dB Drag Street Trunk World Champion - 153.9 on 3200 clamped Watts (Teammate)
2013 MECA Trunk 1 World Champion - 152.8 Headrest (Teammate)
2013 MECA Park & Pound 2 World Champion - 130.6 (Teammate)

Checkout our build and videos !! : ) 150+ Trunk Build Log itsgordy1 youtube channel (click for Hairtricks)

Smith's Custom Seats
Martinsburg, PA

(Second Skin Dealer)

Bringing this back from the dead with an update. I have been able to lean away from the Power Acoustik MOFO 152X as in the same price range, I am getting my hands on a Soundqubed HDS315 Dual 2 ohm! Thoughts and opinions still welcome!

[sharedmedia=garage:vehicles:2615]

Bringing this back from the dead with an update. I have been able to lean away from the Power Acoustik MOFO 152X as in the same price range, I am getting my hands on a Soundqubed HDS315 Dual 2 ohm! Thoughts and opinions still welcome!

Those subs are a brand new offering by SQ so I have no experience with them. I have a pair of HDC3 12's, but I have not really used them. I have heard they take quite a bit of power to get loud due to the super stiff suspension. Hopefully the HDS are a little more efficent.

I am sure they are on par with other subs in their power range made in China. For around $150 it should perform pretty well for the money.

Have you decided on a box design yet? Have you picked your amp yet?

2012 North American Street Stock Runner-up - 150.9 on 1800 clamped watts (Teammate)
2013 dB Drag Street Trunk World Champion - 153.9 on 3200 clamped Watts (Teammate)

Checkout our build and videos !! : ) 150+ Trunk Build Log itsgordy1 youtube channel (click for Hairtricks)

Smith's Custom Seats
Martinsburg, PA

(Second Skin Dealer)

Those subs are a brand new offering by SQ so I have no experience with them. I have a pair of HDC3 12's, but I have not really used them. I have heard they take quite a bit of power to get loud due to the super stiff suspension. Hopefully the HDS are a little more efficent.

I am sure they are on par with other subs in their power range made in China. For around $150 it should perform pretty well for the money.

Have you decided on a box design yet? Have you picked your amp yet?

I'm hoping it'll get loud, I'm pretty sure it will though. I have been deciding still on the box design, when I get home today I'll take a picture of the space I'm dealing with and see what you guys think. But as for the amp, Dylan Bunch, a member on here, has talked me into the CT Sounds 1400.1d.

I'm hoping it'll get loud, I'm pretty sure it will though. I have been deciding still on the box design, when I get home today I'll take a picture of the space I'm dealing with and see what you guys think. But as for the amp, Dylan Bunch, a member on here, has talked me into the CT Sounds 1400.1d.

It will get loud if its in a good box, plain and simple. The box is more important than the sub to an extent IMO.

That amp is another new product that not too many people have experience with, but they look like very good products from what I have seen of them. Almost ran a CT 7K in our car for finals, but I could not be 100% sure it was going to fit lol.

Smith's Custom Seats
Martinsburg, PA

(Second Skin Dealer)

It will get loud if its in a good box, plain and simple. The box is more important than the sub to an extent IMO.

That amp is another new product that not too many people have experience with, but they look like very good products from what I have seen of them. Almost ran a CT 7K in our car for finals, but I could not be 100% sure it was going to fit lol.

The box design has a limited space which worries me but when I get home (as I'm checking throughout the day at school), I'll post a picture of the space. Hopefully this will come along how I'm planning!

The box design has a limited space which worries me but when I get home (as I'm checking throughout the day at school), I'll post a picture of the space. Hopefully this will come along how I'm planning!

I will be interested to see what limited means. Sometimes 15" + limited space = : (

If its that limited, you may want to think 12" and have a more optimal box. Get some dimensions and see where your cubic feet is going to land, as well as how much room for a port you have (if going ported).

Smith's Custom Seats
Martinsburg, PA

(Second Skin Dealer)

I will be interested to see what limited means. Sometimes 15" + limited space = : (

If its that limited, you may want to think 12" and have a more optimal box. Get some dimensions and see where your cubic feet is going to land, as well as how much room for a port you have (if going ported).

Yeah I hear you on that. I'm definitely going with an up-firing sub so the dimensions could possibly be:

Width: 20 1/4 to 20 1/2

Length: 36 1/2

And the height could be anything really I just dont want a wall haha. I can't seem to post pictures though? I had taken some and I can't figure out how to get them on here through MS Word or Paint?

EDIT*: I have been able to get them through PhotoBucket, so here they are.

[/url]">http://CAM00256_zps62c30259.jpg

[/url]">http://http://s803.photobucket.com/user/TravisMcBryde/media/CAM00257_zpseae0ecff.jpg.html'>CAM00257_zpseae0ecff.jpg

Well you should be able to get plenty big with those dimensions. Hopefully someone will step in with some experience with extended cab trucks. I know trunks... but trucks are not my thing.

Smith's Custom Seats
Martinsburg, PA

(Second Skin Dealer)

Archived