New to SPL and big systems

Hey all I'm new to this forum and after searching around for a bit in the real world, I have decided to finally upgrade to something with a bit of oomph. I currently run a full Pioneer system, which at the time of me being a freshly aged 16 year old, Pioneer sounded like the shit. My current setup consists of the following:

• Pioneer DEH-150MP headunit
  • Pioneer TS-G6844R speakers all around
  • Pioneer GM-D7500M amplifier
  • Pioneer TS-WD309D4 subwoofer

I'm not too happy about the system anymore the more I look at this forum and bigger systems. Now I know you all may laugh at me but the new system I'm looking to get is going to be a bit bigger and to me atleast, better. Since I'm on a tight budget, my system will consist of the following:

• Pioneer DEH-150MP headunit
  • Hifonics BRX2000.1D amplifier
  • Power Acoustik MOFO-152X
  • Speakers will be components, just need to wait a bit for cash in order to get those

I know it may not be an ideal setup considering its pretty cheap for what it is compared to the systems on here, but I will be building my own box with 3/4" MDF material, ported and tuned to about 31Hz. This is just a start out for a budget "SPL" system and as I progress I will definitely be getting my hands on better quality material but for now its what will do. I'd just like your opinions on it and have some feedback, both negative (as I know it isn't the God of all builds, nor do I expect it to be) and positive. Feel free to leave your thoughts and opinions!

[sharedmedia=garage:vehicles:2615]

First off welcome. There is a wealth of knowledge here so ask or search. Second off doesn't matter what you have. Its yours and be proud of it. Yes it may not be the best but at the end of the day there is always going to be someone with something better louder or just looks better. Its all your opinion. First thing you want to do is upgrade your electrical with a better alternator and some sound deadening. After that then start going crazy with the system. Doesn't make sense to use stock electrical and then blow your amp or speakers. You can run a system on stock but in the long run you will want to upgrade the alternator, big three and some good wire running to the amps or extra batteries. Just my thought though. Right now I am in the process of building another system but waiting for my electrical to get built up before I start putting my stuff in. Again though welcome to the forum.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177477-slowboring-07-trailblazer-build/

Pioneer DEH-80PRS
PRV 8MR400-NDY (eight)

PRV TW350Ti (6)
Sky High 1/0 OFC, 12 gauge and 8 gauge
TM Metalworkz battery terminals

120 sqft Hushmat
XS Power D3100 (6)
Singer 350 Amp Alt

Singer 320 (2)
American Bass SQL3200

JL Audio JX360/4

Crossfire XS 8K (2)

DC Audio XL 15s (6)

VbjgkeI_zpsc016cd1e.jpg

Good luck on new system remember to keep it loud and clean!!! And that's coming from a 50 yr old!!!!

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

Hey OP, welcome to the forum.

"Cheap" as in low budget isn't what you need to worry about, and only a dick would laugh at you for using the equipment that is within your means. What will get some flack thrown your way is shitty work ethic or attitude.

My advice, keep a positive attitude, be open to input, and do the best work you can with whatever equipment you can afford.

Not everyone is a baller and can afford huge top of the line set ups. They are fun to look at and drool over but not necessary to earn respect bro.

First off welcome. There is a wealth of knowledge here so ask or search. Second off doesn't matter what you have. Its yours and be proud of it. Yes it may not be the best but at the end of the day there is always going to be someone with something better louder or just looks better. Its all your opinion. First thing you want to do is upgrade your electrical with a better alternator and some sound deadening. After that then start going crazy with the system. Doesn't make sense to use stock electrical and then blow your amp or speakers. You can run a system on stock but in the long run you will want to upgrade the alternator, big three and some good wire running to the amps or extra batteries. Just my thought though. Right now I am in the process of building another system but waiting for my electrical to get built up before I start putting my stuff in. Again though welcome to the forum.

Oh thank you! Yes that is also what is going to be done along with the system upgrade, I'm saving for an XSPower 3100 for such a light system for now. But sound dampener is also on the list considering that even with this little setup I have going right now, my headliner started sagging and I constantly hear the slapping of the metal from the roof to the headliner shield. The big 3 is also on the list. Thanks for the input, as I get the materials I'll do my best to post pictures and update you all with the build!

Good luck on new system remember to keep it loud and clean!!! And that's coming from a 50 yr old!!!!

You must be the coolest grandfather ever. Thump on man, and thanks for the welcoming!

before anything, whats your budget?

Budget is relatively low, at max I'd say $600? But with the addition of the Big 3 and XSPower 3100 battery and sound dampener, I'd say my budget is almost maxed.

"Cheap" as in low budget isn't what you need to worry about, and only a dick would laugh at you for using the equipment that is within your means. What will get some flack thrown your way is shitty work ethic or attitude.

My advice, keep a positive attitude, be open to input, and do the best work you can with whatever equipment you can afford.

Not everyone is a baller and can afford huge top of the line set ups. They are fun to look at and drool over but not necessary to earn respect bro.

I love those words. Thanks for the moral increase haha!

You must be the coolest grandfather ever. Thump on man, and thanks for the welcoming!

Budget is relatively low, at max I'd say $600? But with the addition of the Big 3 and XSPower 3100 battery and sound dampener, I'd say my budget is almost maxed.

My daughters friends say the same thing. Old school here!!! A lot of help on here just ask. No question is dumb.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

thats a solid budget for a system. Just my suggestion, Id swap out the mofo and hifi for a d2 american bass xfl 15 and an audiotechnix 1200.1. The xfl and 1200.1 will cost less than the mofo and hifi and I'm confident you will be happier with them. Spend the rest on your electrical, you can get an audiotechnix oversized 1/0 amp kit and an execution audio big 3 kit for less than $100 combined and that still leaves you with $100 for 40 sq ft of audiotechnix 60mil deadener. Not everyone needs the hassle of a big system, I love the smaller builds that pop up on here

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

Archived