Second Skin Audio

DD 9512 on 1100 watts scores

Rob Smith

I like DD as well, My 3512 on 1200 watts did a 143.5@37.

On music as well, so you should be able to break that 140 with a 9512 pretty easily.

90 Nissan 240sx

Avic z-140bh

Audison SR4

Audison Voce 6.5s

CDT es-20 tweeters

Sundown 1500v3

(2) DD 9510's

3 cube box 2 6" aeros

XS Power D2400 & Xp950

Skyhigh/Knukonceptz/Rockford Fosgate wiring

More Coming Soon.. Check my builds below.

97 Civic Hatch Build

86 Caprice Build

you can pick up a chick in a car... I think it'd be hard to roll up mackin on a broad sittin on a sundown. My opinion

After doing some reading on cabin volume effects on SPL score compared to how it sounds I think the rather large cabin volume plus the two feet between my sub and the rear wall of the car are what most significantly effected the scores I got.

Bearing in mind the final box build is not going to be an SPL box, but more of a SQ (but still get pretty loud) design I will redo it with much more port, and scoot it back to about 6" from the rear gate before I put it on the meter next time. What is crazy, is that in my car the bass has more impact and sounds equal or louder than the blazer that hit a 141.5, but clearly the meter tells a different story at the dash. That is not just my opinion but the blazer owner and multiple people demoing both cars.

Even if it doesn't get to 140, after sleeping on it, I am fairly happy with the setup considering it is low power, big cabin, and has f3 points of 32 and 72 giving a nice fat sound across a broad musical range.

So new box, and at some point I'll upgrade to dual strapped Z-2kd amps on the one sub I am sure it will do much higher in the end while still being musical with a cabin space that is bigger than a Ford Explorer.

• 4 weeks later...

I am new to this form but enjoying already.Sounds like alot of experience under one roof.I have 2 digital designs 9512's and am in need of direction with the box.The subs will be going in a suburban.max measurements I have to work with are 20 H

48 w

20 D

Not looking for a burp setup but simply clean & hopefully loud.This is for my lil girls Christmas so really would like to get right the first time.Thanks for ya time in advance because I do understand that If was easy I wouldn't be asking for help now.Also would like to add will be powered by 1800 watt rms amp.

Archived