Rob Smith Posted November 2, 2013 Report Posted November 2, 2013 Just got back from the comp. Single DD 9512i non-sc Zapco DC 1100.1 Dodge Journey Daily box 2.74 cf net tuned at 36ish with 33.4 inches of port area. Sealed at dash legal: 138.9@44hz Outlaw at the port: 156@42hz A lot of people say my port is too small, which is why there is such a big difference in port vs legal scores. Another car there put up 141.5 on about 1600 watts using a DD 9512 in a smaller box that had 16 inches per cube of port area tuned at 35. He only put up 152.x in the port. Is the cabin what's causing the huge drop or the port area? Was really expecting to break 140 at least.
Rob Smith Posted November 2, 2013 Author Report Posted November 2, 2013 For comparison my SA-12 did a 137.1 legal on 800 watts. Same box.
n8ball2013 Posted November 2, 2013 Report Posted November 2, 2013 So you gained 2 dbs almost on 300 watt increase? Dds love port. That box has like none THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
CleanSierra Posted November 2, 2013 Report Posted November 2, 2013 My calculator tells me that minimum vent size for that sub should be in the 60" range. That's me basing it off if the website's advertised 30MM Xmax at 50%BL. Side note, some vehicles just meter funny. Did you find out resonant frequency for your vehicle and burp at that frequency? I've seen Small SUVs peak in the high 40s. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
Rob Smith Posted November 2, 2013 Author Report Posted November 2, 2013 Vehicle peaks at 44. That's where I burped. I'll redo the box with much port thanks.
CleanSierra Posted November 2, 2013 Report Posted November 2, 2013 Does this current box have the same port and sub orientation as the other box with the SA12? Is the port and sub fired the same way(direction) as the previous box? Is this the SAME box that you had for the SA12, or a completely different box? Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
CleanSierra Posted November 2, 2013 Report Posted November 2, 2013 I've done 151.8 with a 3 kw Amp. With a single 12? Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
Kyblack76 Posted November 2, 2013 Report Posted November 2, 2013 I've done 151.8 with a 3 kw Amp. Lol..... SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
Rob Smith Posted November 2, 2013 Author Report Posted November 2, 2013 Yes same box clean sierra. In the same position in the car. I'll try port but I can't imagine just increasing port size will result in 3db fish increase. I guess I'll find out.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.