i have a 160amp alt how do you do a big three on that im lost. everybody round dont know how

Subs- 2AA Arsenal 15sAmps- Orion2500d/MemphisDoors- Infinity kapa/AA polymids(soon)Deck- Pioneer PrimerBox- 3.5 per chamber!!!!!!!!/28hzElectrical- two optima red tops/160alt(big 3 soon)OHIO BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

^^^^ x2...since ur only going with a 160a alternator, big 3 in 4ga should be sufficient. just cut 3 piece of wires to length. run one from the + post of ur alternator to the + on ur battery, then a piece of wire from an UNPAINTED part of the engine bay/chassis to ur battery - and then a wire from ur chassis to ur engine block (preferably as close to the alternator as possible)...hope this helps :D

Dont you need a fuse on the power wire from the + on the battery to the alternator?

alot of people do, and Its probably the safer route.

I didnt in my van, but  I took extra care to make sure my wiring is safe and out of the way of moving parts.

If you were to fuse between the alt and the + battery. Is it better to fuse closer(within 10") to the + battery, or closer to the alternator ???

Nobody makes me bleed my own blood, NOBODY!!!

ahhh very good question.

probably would be better to do it closer to the alt,  since it is making the power for the batt to charge.

Awsome thanks man!!! Would you happen to know where i can get the fuse size for a certain gauge wire. I know i have seen a chart for it before, i just don't remember where.... :)

Nobody makes me bleed my own blood, NOBODY!!!