cresendo pwx 8s in rear deck?

Blake Farrar

If I were to do rear speakers I would use mdf and bolt the enclosures to the rear deck with sheetmetal screws and L brackets. And seal where they meet with butyl ribbon or whether stripping. Those foam baffles would need to be reinforced or they wouldn't be of much help. I recommended them since they already have a desired shape and a little glassing would make them work. A little non hardening modeling clay on the in or outside would help with any ringing problems.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

The pressure the subwoofer creates has to go somewhere. Even with the rear seat down. It will will force the rear speakers to over excursion. Over time the voice coil could come out of the gap on the 6.5 and damage it. Same with an 8" if you installed it there without an enclosure. You may be able to hear them but that doesn't mean they aren't at risk.

ohh, i understand what you're saying but i dont see how i could possible do anything to avoid this problem

The pressure the subwoofer creates has to go somewhere. Even with the rear seat down. It will will force the rear speakers to over excursion. Over time the voice coil could come out of the gap on the 6.5 and damage it. Same with an 8" if you installed it there without an enclosure. You may be able to hear them but that doesn't mean they aren't at risk.

Yeah I done blew my stock speakers and an aftermarket pair from my subs in my trunk. Any suggestions on how to fix it?

You have to build some enclosures for the speakers to prevent the pressure getting to them and seal them to the rear deck. I would find something like this and reinforce it with some fiberglass or build them out of wood.

http://www.amazon.com/XTC-5-1-Foam-Baffle-Pair/dp/B0002ZPO2W

it would be difficult to fit 8s in my rear deck let alone 8s in some boxes lol does it make a diffrence where the ports are located at for the subs?

all you have to do is make the wood around where the magnet and basket are wood doesn't need to be too thick just protecting them from the sound pressure. port location doesn't matter they're still gonna be affected by the pressure in the trunk.

2001 Chevy Blazer LS

Kenwood KDC-HD552U

2 12" SDC 2.5 D4 Fi SP4 18" 4 Sundown SA-12's

HiFonics BE 1200.1 Soundstream RUB1.2500D Looking for a 5k

XS Power D3100

4 Soundqubed 6.5's (Pro Audio)

2 Soundqubed 3-Way 6.5's

2 Soundqubed Super Tweeters

so if i made a adapter to fit the 8s on my rear deck and cover up the bottom from the truck i would be good right?

By cover up you do mean seal off correct? if so then yes.

2001 Chevy Blazer LS

Kenwood KDC-HD552U

XS Power D3100

2 Soundqubed 3-Way 6.5's

so if i made a adapter to fit the 8s on my rear deck and cover up the bottom from the truck i would be good right?

By cover up you do mean seal off correct? if so then y

i dont see how i could possibly make a box fit in my rear deck with out taking out the rear deck panel

i dont see how i could possibly make a box fit in my rear deck with out taking out the rear deck panel

are you flush mounting the to the rear deck. (cutting a hole and dropping them in)?

2001 Chevy Blazer LS

Kenwood KDC-HD552U

XS Power D3100

2 Soundqubed 3-Way 6.5's

are you flush mounting the to the rear deck. (cutting a hole and dropping them in)?

well i made an adapter out of mdf for my 6.5 component set so i was hopping i could just do the same thing for the 8s

Archived