Best route for my upgrade, please chime in!

Currently I am running:

Digital Designs M3b

Digital Designs 9512 (D4)

Zapco DC 1000.4

Active front stage

I have come across a situation where I am only using 1/2 my M3b potential power output, and honestly it isn't loud enough for me at the ~141 db it is putting out.

I have the opportunity to get a DD Z15 (D1.5) with full composite cone and 10" carbon dustcap OR another DD 9512 for about the same price! For the Z I would have to trade my current 9512 and some cash, or the same cash for another 9512. The second 9512 will also be D4, for a total load at the amp before rise of right around 1 ohm. The Z would be .75 obviously.

Knowing the 2x9512s will have a bit more cone area but be on a little less power, for a daily pounder would you use the two 9512s or the composite Z15?

I personally would use the z. Idk that It would be louder but I personally have always wanted one. From what I have heard they are one of the best woofers

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This all depends on if you can fit the two 9512's in a box they would like

Personally I would get the Z just to try and see what kinda numbers I could get out of it

Yeah man dd's like big boxes.

Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-

Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) 

Subs/Amps: TBD

• 1 month later...

Archived