Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

98 Lincoln Navigator sub setup


Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm debating on getting 2 12" Fi SSD's or 2 12" or 15" Fi Q's....I really like SQ and also SPL but I do have a large suv I wll be taking my 3rd row seating out for this. I'm not going for anything crazy but my brother has a Fi BL 12" in his accord and its crazy but doesn't pick up the lows like I like. Also the sub selection I make they will be fully built with all the add-ons. I deciced to go with Fi from JL W7's because of the price. Originally I was going one 13W7 but the sound of Fi blew me away. Any thoughts? I listen to mostly everyhing...rap, country, rock.

Posted

Go for Q's. Sealed. Gret sq and output from them.

Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-

Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) 

Subs/Amps: TBD

Posted

if your more into SQ then you might want a couple of 8's. they are more punchy then larger diameter subs but don't get the lows the best and I would do them a sealed box for sure. just make sure what ever you end up getting it has enough airspace.

AQ - SQ For Life

Posted

if your more into SQ then you might want a couple of 8's. they are more punchy then larger diameter subs but don't get the lows the best and I would do them a sealed box for sure. just make sure what ever you end up getting it has enough airspace.

Well the above statement just isn't true. First off 8's will get low and 10's and 12's can be really punchy. The box plays a huge part in determining sub characteristics. And you dont have to have a sealed box to sound good. Build the proper box and you can get good SQ ans SPL. As far as either the Q's or SSD goes, you will be happy with either one.

truthsayer

Posted

if your more into SQ then you might want a couple of 8's. they are more punchy then larger diameter subs but don't get the lows the best and I would do them a sealed box for sure. just make sure what ever you end up getting it has enough airspace.

False. Speaker size doesn't have a thing to do with frequency output...

If it was me, I'd do a pair of SSD12's in 1.7 a piece, ported at 35hz. Off something like a DC2.0k or a Crescendo BC2000d.

You could do common chamber, 3.2 after displacements with a pair of 6 inch aero's, tuned in the mid 30's. You'd need close to 4.5 gross volume though, either way.

SSD's are killer bang for buck, I love mine, getting another soon and one of those amps I mentioned. Mine was tuned somewhere around 30 hz and killed everything from 26-50hz.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5740 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...