Sundown Audio

4 Channel 150 RMS or more

gattiboy13

that rockford one does not look great for a competing SQ system.

SQ and Loud equals money, I couldn't suggest an amp in the 300 dollar range that does 150rms x 4

If you did want to increase your budget I like running a separate amp per speaker.

Actually I was thinking of running two 2 channel amps, like the Pioneer PRS series? These http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_43536_Pioneer-PRS-D800.html

damn your in the same boat I was in.

The PRS80 is definitely NOT for a 4 way set up. High, Mid, Midbass, Subwoofer.

The problem I had is splitting my mid range and mid. I like to give my mids more power when they are lower/in the doors and mids in the a pillar.

So with my PRS 80 my time alignment will always be a little off because I split the mid range RCA to my midbass and mids. I tried to keep my mid/high on the same RCA but the high only went down to 1.2k :(

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

The problem I had is splitting my mid range and mid. I like to give my mids more power when they are lower/in the doors and mids in the a pillar.

So with my PRS 80 my time alignment will always be a little off because I split the mid range RCA to my midbass and mids. I tried to keep my mid/high on the same RCA but the high only went down to 1.2k :(

Really...well damn they seemed nice...haHAH

Two pairs of 3 way comp sets on even 125 watts will get plenty loud. Remember you will see an increase in volume (~3db) when you double the speakers. I would think that would keep up with a 150 db setup if you are planning something that loud.

Thank you for that info. Well then who makes an outstanding pure SQ amp in that range, not just power but SQ

You might be able to find some zapco or old soundstream reference under 300 on ebay. Audison comes to mind too.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Really...well damn they seemed nice...haHAH

theyre fantastic! They work but not perfectly. I want the dex99 now because that bad boy has 4 preouts for my 4 way system just comes at a 1k price tag

The auto eq on the prs90 is great so I cannot wiat to use it on the 99

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

Two pairs of 3 way comp sets on even 125 watts will get plenty loud. Remember you will see an increase in volume (~3db) when you double the speakers. I would think that would keep up with a 150 db setup if you are planning something that loud.

Thank you for that info. Well then who makes an outstanding pure SQ amp in that range, not just power but SQ

You might be able to find some zapco or old soundstream reference under 300 on ebay. Audison comes to mind too.

yA WELL THIS IS THE AMP I WAS THINKING AT FIRST TO ORDER http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/p_20680_Soundstream_REF4920.aspx

yA WELL THIS IS THE AMP I WAS THINKING AT FIRST TO ORDER http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/p_20680_Soundstream_REF4920.aspx

That's a good choice. They were the ones I was thinking of.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Archived