Jump to content

will my speakers fit without rings


Quanie

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hello everyone, So I need some help on finding out if my crescendo pwx 6 1/2 will fit in the stock location of my 99 maxima with out speaker rings. Please if anyone has a 4th gen maxima and has pro audio speaker, help me out. Everyone charm in. Thanks

Posted

my cousin had an Altima and the depth to the door is pretty slim. The door panel is also pretty close to the speaker, so you may need to make a cut out and use rings or build pods.

2004 Grand Prix GT

(2) 12" RE XXXs (04/05 XBL^2)

5 cu. ft tuned @ 35 Hz

MMATS HD4000.05

MMATS SQ4100

Infinity Kappa components

Juice Box black cherry

Duralast platinum group 34

1/0 KNU OFC, 2/0 welding

Singer 250A

Posted

Wow that doesn't sound good at all. I don't have experience in making door pods at all. Maybe the speaker rings will help. But then prob the door panel won't go back on or something.

Posted

You could jut cut a hole in the door panel and have the speaker sticking out with a grill on it. or if it is close to going on and there is enough flex just force the panel over it. lol

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

Posted

But what will be the best thing to do. I really want it to sound good. Let me ask this will 2 component set do with 2 12" american bass XFL.

Posted

But I will really hate to get rid of these PWX and it took me 4 months for a pre-order. Lol

Posted

If you dont want to do door pods or customize your panels. You can always fall back to speaker spacers.

truthsayer

Posted

Where can I find some speaker spacers. I think I'm going to measure the speakers and the diameter of the speaker hole and see what's up.

Posted

how much do they need to space it out? you could make some yourself. They don't have to be pretty since they will be hidden behind a door card. You could grab some off cuts of mdf and just cut some rings out of that. You should see the ugly ass spacers I used in my last build. Worked a treat though. lol

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

Posted

Yeah that's a great idea bass. I'm not sure how much space I need but I know its not much. If anything I can pick up some rings from (Hunter Johnson).

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1089 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...