Project............civicduty

I hate to say it, but not running a BOV did not cause that. What all of you turbo "geniuses" don't realize is that cars did not come with a BOV for years and they never had issues, many of them put on well over 100k on the factory turbo. I myself don't run one and I have never had any problems related to that. Not running a BOV will not cause piston ring lands to pop off, that is from either too much boost or detonation (AKA too lean or too much timing); metal shavings will not cause that.

Now yes, his turbo is bad, but it went bad too fast to be related to compressor surge. Keep in mind, he put roughly 10-15 miles on it and it was bad. There has to be a separate issue with it.

sorry dude but for your first post your WRONG and retarded. without a BOV a car would put out roughly 1000 Psi if they are running anthing more the 12 lbs from the get go. i know this for a fact because no BOV ruined my 84 RX7. i thought the same thing. i did a "j"port and a t66 with no BOV and it spike on my first run and the motor expolded. no BOV means it can not vent when you shift or get off the gas. now if you barely get into boost al the time you will be good. but for a ddddddailt driven car you MUST have a BOV.

----reference's----

meade916

sorry dude but for your first post your WRONG and retarded. without a BOV a car would put out roughly 1000 Psi if they are running anthing more the 12 lbs from the get go. i know this for a fact because no BOV ruined my 84 RX7. i thought the same thing. i did a "j"port and a t66 with no BOV and it spike on my first run and the motor expolded. no BOV means it can not vent when you shift or get off the gas. now if you barely get into boost al the time you will be good. but for a ddddddailt driven car you MUST have a BOV.

Well this is some what true but you can get by with out one if your only running like 6 psi and less. Thats what the wastegate is for but you can still get pressure creep if your getting heavy on the throttle.

Well this is some what true but you can get by with out one if your only running like 6 psi and less. Thats what the wastegate is for but you can still get pressure creep if your getting heavy on the throttle.

exactly

----reference's----

meade916

quik update.... the block and pistons are at the machine shop.... should have it back tuesday....... hopefully i'll have some time to put it back together soon

Civic1.jpg

only a fool judges his life by what he sees in other peoples eyes

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

it's all back together ...... eagle rods JE pistons and rings ACL bearings ARP head studs cometic head gasket

Posted Image

the oil line for the hair dryer

Posted Image

that shits in there

Posted Image

the plan is to be running tomorrow

Civic1.jpg

only a fool judges his life by what he sees in other peoples eyes

Archived