help with laptop- unidentified network

So I'm not that computer savvy....I can follow directions no problem though. I just moved to a new place and hooked up my old router and modem. It worked no problem for the first week and a half (right after I called comcast and set up an account). They sent me a big ass brick that's apparently a modem, router, phone, cable, and can talk to aliens...maybe not that last part....

So I say fuck it, my modem and router are working just fine. Not gonna fix what's not broken...

Yesterday, I get home from work and start seeing activation pages every time I try to use my internet. So I tried to activate it with my old modem and router....Didn't work. So I get to use this brick instead. I set it all up and EVENTUALLY, it works....I had to call in the activation because it's 2013 and Comcast still can't get this shit right.

So today I start getting "403 Forbidden" messages everytime I try to do anything (check email, google, this site, etc.) And the browser redirects to a comcast-owned page. I call them up and I guess all I had to do was clear cache, cookies, and history while the guy restarted the router. Now it's kinda slow but it works...

I go to use my laptop today, and it connects no problem, but it says "Identifying" for a while; then eventually stays "unidentified" and local access only. I've been searching for the past 3 hours for a solution and have tried everything I came across (IPv4 install protocol, command TCIP reset, updating Atheos driver, etc.) It's gotta be the laptop wireless, because I'm on my desktop wirelessly right now....and if I use the ethernet straight to the laptop, it fully works. Any other ideas?

TL:DR- Laptop wireless says unidentified and local only. Tried every "fix" I found online for the past 3 hours and none of them worked. Ethernet cable straight to laptop works no problem. Laptop is an HP dv6700 running Windows Vista

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

tried that a couple times now man. The modem and router are the same unit. That's what sucks....I would love to keep my old setup, but I guess it won't activate unless I use this new shitty brick.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

The message I've seen the most is "Cannot communicate with Primary DNS Server 75.75.75.75"

HA! Came up with an idea and it totally works....I just plugged in my old router into the new all-in-one and it acts as a second wireless connection. It's actually faster then the new connection too....Ironic.

Archived