Second Skin Audio

Box Suggestion 00 Sebring Convertible

timc31610

Looking to build a box for my GF's 00 sebring convertible. Not looking to blow out the windows but some boom would be nice. Available dimensions are 36"w x 10"h x 14"d. Given the space constraints it would need to be down firing as the top would be sitting on it when down. My choice of subs are a JL 10w6v1d6 or a Type R 10 d4 600rms version. The amp is an old school punch 500 a2 which will do 500rms bridged at two ohms. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I know I can put more power to the Alpine but mounting depth is greater.

Edit:

Currently in the Sebring is two 8" Bazooka bass tubes 4ohms each, one to each channel of the amp with the gain way down, she was happy with this till she drove the Durango (Type R on Mrx-M100 1.46ft3 @32hz) I know i cant really get the same affect in her vert but im searching for better than whats there. Need more spl than sq since she cant really tell the difference...lol

Im leaning toward a 4th bandpass. Im trying to use winisd pro and I have .84cf for the sealed portion and 1.33cf for the ported. This is using the 10w6. The part I am unsure of is it says for the ported section I need a port 4" square by 24.5 inches long. How do I change that to a slot port? Would I take 16" sq x 24.5= 392 for total port area? The dimension for the ported section of the box are 15 x 17.5 x 11. If I put the port on the 17.5 side assuming 3/4 mdf that would give me a port width of 16" if I made it 2" that would be 32"sq divided into my total port area of 392 it would be 12.25" long. Am I on the right track?

Archived