Question about EK Waterblocks

Mostly just cosmetic. All of EK's blocks are made from copper. The nickel blocks are electroplated with nickel to prevent corrosion (read below) and to give them a different look. The acetal blocks use their black plastic instead of clear plastic, again just for a different look.

Corrosion: nickel vs. copper. If you have ANY aluminum in your loop (barbs, fittings, radiators, blocks, etc.) then you need the nickel plated blocks. Aluminum and copper will react and corrode over time, destroying your copper waterblocks. Most people get the nickel blocks just to be safe and have compatibility with whatever other gear they're running but if you want the copper blocks for the look then be sure to have all nickel/copper/gold on all of your other hardware in the loop.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

Mostly just cosmetic. All of EK's blocks are made from copper. The nickel blocks are electroplated with nickel to prevent corrosion (read below) and to give them a different look. The acetal blocks use their black plastic instead of clear plastic, again just for a different look.

Corrosion: nickel vs. copper. If you have ANY aluminum in your loop (barbs, fittings, radiators, blocks, etc.) then you need the nickel plated blocks. Aluminum and copper will react and corrode over time, destroying your copper waterblocks. Most people get the nickel blocks just to be safe and have compatibility with whatever other gear they're running but if you want the copper blocks for the look then be sure to have all nickel/copper/gold on all of your other hardware in the loop.

Ok awesome. Appreciate all the info. That's what I was looking for. Just trying to plan a few months ahead of time so once I get ready, all I'll have to do is click the buy now button instead of waiting to research everything lol.

Don't the acetal blocks also have a greater chance of cracking?

I wouldn't worry about it on any new blocks. EK had issues in the past with the acetal blocks cracking if overtightened and the nickel plating being poor quality but they resolved both issues and any new stuff should be quality.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

Archived