so yeah ive been writting this essay for a while now, couple hours. i really hate writting essays, i have more than enough english credits to graduate. this teacher is such an ass though, he gives us multiple assignments and not enought time to do everything. being a senior he should cut us some slack, we are big enought to have a job, and i work every night right after school, and also all weekend. you could tell me quit my job but i have to keep fixing my POS ford and i have to plan on rebuilding my celica engine. alright now back to the assignment, his directions are totally whack! they dont make much sense to me, here they are...

btw i had to read three speeches from colonial time and compair them, not as easy as it sounds.

prompt: in the three pieces of literature that where read in class, the reader notices a difference in not only the purpose behind the messages but also the strategies used in accomplishing those purposes.

we where given two choices, A option or a B- option. b- you only have to write an outline, a option u have to write an essay. it tells us what each paragraph has to be, i dont really understand his style of layout, it doesnt really consist of and intro paragraph or anything.

A option-

rewrite the prompt

first body- briefly summarize the message of each piece of writting.

second body- show comparisons

3rd body- show contrasts

concluding paragraph- present a general ovservation on the purpose and contend of these pieces of literature.

the prompt doesnt really fit as a thesis for what he wants us to write about, doesnt make sense to me lol.

alright and this is what i got, btw my comp doesnt have ms word for some reason, never installed it after system swipe. so i had to use wordpad rofl, sry if there are spelling errors. ill get em at school tomorrow.

if you want to read the entire thing you can, if you see and major errors or think something could be better let me know, its best to have other people read your writing, might get me that A rofl! thanks guys!

Colonial Literature

Jonathan Cullen

A.M. Lit- 8th hour

When reading Patrick Henry's speech, the Decloration of Independence and The Crisis, there are not only differences in the purpose behind the message but also the way they accomplished thier purposes.

the purpose behind each of the articals is to promote the freedom of the American colonists from the hands of the English. Patrick Henry's speech is directed to the king. The writting tells of what the colonists want to do, which is become independence, and that the war is already here. The Decloration of Independence is the start of our independence. it tells of what the colonists are going to do as a nation, and also tells of teh offences that england has done to the colonys. the crisis tells of what will happen in the war. it tells of how the colonies have hope in winning the war and that no matter what the colonies will always have hope in becoming free and independet from England. Each piece of writting focuses on how the American holonies have to become independent, but there are also similar themes and differences between the peices of writing.

The main thought in all three of the pieces is god. each describes how god will be there to aid in the victory of the war for the colonies. they also comfort the colonists, saying how god will not allow them to be killed. also how god will not be there for the British because of how they have been treating the colonists. The documents also tell of the hope the colonists have, hope that they will be victorious and become independent. thier hope and patriotism will not be altered by anything England will do. there is also a great sense of patriotism in the writtings. the words said will make the colonists come together for what should rightfully be thiers, the colonies. The colonists become aggrivated by how England has abandoned them, they want freedome because all of the their rights have been taken away and they are getting taxed heavily.

Even though the main thought is the same between the pieces there are also differences within them. In the Decloration of Independence the the point is what the new government will do, telling how actions will be taken if the government abuses its power. also how the people will give power to the government and that the people have the power to alter or abolish the governments power. The Crisis not only tells of what the King has done wrong but also tells of what the British will do as soon as the war starts. Paine also goes as far as comparing the British to common villans. Paine also tells of how the British will give no mercy, and that if the colonists where to give up thier arms that they would become slaves. Patrick Henry's speech shares the same thoughts as the Crisis but directs it all toward the king.

Each of the articals share many similarities but also have differences in thier message. The general idea behind the writtings is how the colonists have to become independent. How they will be succesful in thier victory or be put to death, the hope for thier freedom is to great for them to surrender and die without a fight. Each artical tells of how there will be a war, and that with the light of god they will be shown the way to victory.

:blink: i know right lol, thats it!

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

6 soon to be 12 12" hifonics hfi12d4's

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-