Jump to content

Best way to hook these up?


mmets

Recommended Posts

Posted

So currently I have nothing running but plan on doing some more for my build this weekend. I have a set of Focal 165 K2P, Focal KBE and Crescendo Mezzo 6.5's. Right now I have them going through the crossovers, both focal sets will be on channel 1 and 2 and the crescendo's on 3 and 4. that should put my 1/2 channel at 2 ohm and 3/4 at 4 ohm. My issue I think I may have is that the mezzo and the focal set with be in the front with the KBE set in my rear doors. I will be using the 3sixty.3 with this also but not sure if I can run active because of the ohm load. Am I correct with this or is there a better way I should go about hooking these up? Thanks. (equipment is in my signature/build log)

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177477-slowboring-07-trailblazer-build/

Pioneer DEH-80PRS
PRV 8MR400-NDY (eight)

PRV TW350Ti (6)
Sky High 1/0 OFC, 12 gauge and 8 gauge
TM Metalworkz battery terminals

120 sqft Hushmat
XS Power D3100 (6)
Singer 350 Amp Alt

Singer 320 (2)
American Bass SQL3200

JL Audio JX360/4

Crossfire XS 8K (2)

DC Audio XL 15s (6)

VbjgkeI_zpsc016cd1e.jpg

Posted

I dnt think the crossover cares about the impedance..only the volts across the rcas..but I dnt think its safe running two different loads on one amp..you should just runn either 4 or 2 ohms across all channels..are the speakers rated 2 ohms or your running two sets in parallel? Gotta tell u running multiple speaks in parallel kills one of the main functions of the 360. Which is time alignment..your time aliggnment will be of and you will probably get an echo effect..or a lag in the wrong speakers..my advice..buy another amp to push the extra channels

You need trunk space to get groceries and shit...bitches love groceries

Posted

True. Guess I can keep the KBE's out the back for a while. The other Focals are going in the front doors and the Mezzo's in some Q-logic kick panels. Nothing wrong with having some extra mids in the basement I guess. Plus will save me from having to tear apart the back doors now. (of course will have too when I get my second skin but for now will save a little time)

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177477-slowboring-07-trailblazer-build/

Pioneer DEH-80PRS
PRV 8MR400-NDY (eight)

PRV TW350Ti (6)
Sky High 1/0 OFC, 12 gauge and 8 gauge
TM Metalworkz battery terminals

120 sqft Hushmat
XS Power D3100 (6)
Singer 350 Amp Alt

Singer 320 (2)
American Bass SQL3200

JL Audio JX360/4

Crossfire XS 8K (2)

DC Audio XL 15s (6)

VbjgkeI_zpsc016cd1e.jpg

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 923 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...