16v alt with kinetik HC16v

Okay. On the Taurus forums they told me I could likely fit a dual-alt setup if I removed A/C which is fine and dandy with me. 16v alt would likely be a Singer. Any input on where I would be able to find a dual-alt bracket? Or where I'd go to have one fabricated/how much would it cost?

Wall build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174827-walled-taurus-with-lambo-doors/#entry2571893

real men dont use fuses :D

Neither do morons
Says the guy with lambo doors on his Ford Taurus.

I'll be blunt.

Those 16V batts with 12V taps are junk.

I personally have had 5 out of 6 go bad in a matter of months and have heard similar stories from many other people.

The problem is that the cells become unbalanced due to different charge/ discharge rates from 12V to 16V.

Do yourself a favor and use separate batteries and step down modules.

I myself am regulating my alternator to charge 14V XS Power Batteries, using the XS step downs to go to XS Power 12V batteries.

Well here's my plan, I want to get the most out of my b2 zero.5's so I can compete in the 0-1000 modified class, so I want to run them on a 16v system. However, this is still my daily driver. I've heard a ton of people say step-downs are unreliable and should one fail, my whole car electrical is fried. Your input? If the kinetik batteries just die after... 6 months or so, I am fine and dandy with replacing it every 6 months. What I'm not okay with is spending thousands of dollars everytime a step down fails.

Depending on how many batteries we are talking cause replacing a few batteries every 6 months at 2-300 a pop gets to be as expensive as repairing your car.

What is more cost effective?

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

Well I would only run 1 of the HC16v's, basically just to act as the step down. The rest would be XS XP1000's and a yellow-top, likely. However, upon what people have said, I'm hoping I can find someone to build me a dual-alt bracket and just remove my AC. Hasn't been done in an 01 Taurus yet.

Wall build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174827-walled-taurus-with-lambo-doors/#entry2571893

real men dont use fuses :D

Neither do morons
Says the guy with lambo doors on his Ford Taurus.

Archived