Sundown Audio

Problem with T2500 output

Afficionado

So i normally run my T2500 at 4 ohms to my Sundown z v.3 12 in a big ported box. big 3 done, all 1/0 sky high wire, Mechman 240 amp, d1200 batt up front and d3100 in the trunk. My electrical is sufficient. sub was clearly looking for more power so i dropped it to 1 ohm. played it for a while, really cranked it, when to check on it and the sub was getting pretty stinky. still worked fine after that, figured i must have been clipping pretty hard to get it stinky so easy. checked and reset everything with the DD-1. now my clean output at 1 ohm is pathetic, of course it's just a subject guess, but i think i'm seeing made 1500 watts out of it on max clean volume. my voltage doesn't even drop at 1 ohm now it's putting so little stress on the amp. no idea what the problem is or how to check what could be wrong. any other info i didn't provide, ask me for.

any ideas?

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

what track did you intially set the amp with and what track did you set the amp with the second time? I dont know much to help, but the different tracks is why my system sounded different to me between setting with the dd1 both times. First time I used the -15db track, but I didnt realize that since I listen to a lot of decaf and rap/dubstep, that some of the songs or maybe all could be clipping on the bass lines, due to where they are set, so I changed it to the -5db track and it still good, but doesnt nearly knock my rear view mirror off every bass drop.

what track did you intially set the amp with and what track did you set the amp with the second time? I dont know much to help, but the different tracks is why my system sounded different to me between setting with the dd1 both times. First time I used the -15db track, but I didnt realize that since I listen to a lot of decaf and rap/dubstep, that some of the songs or maybe all could be clipping on the bass lines, due to where they are set, so I changed it to the -5db track and it still good, but doesnt nearly knock my rear view mirror off every bass drop.

-15 both times.

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

in my opinion they should have never put a -15 track on that cd. I think they should have made it an option. I think average music is around -10db -8db and boosted is around -5.

I run with the -10 and rarely go full tilt, if it isn't loud enough tuned with -10db then i think you need to look into wither more power, more cone area or better design for enclosure or placement of enclosure, or a combination of those things.

in my opinion they should have never put a -15 track on that cd. I think they should have made it an option. I think average music is around -10db -8db and boosted is around -5.

I run with the -10 and rarely go full tilt, if it isn't loud enough tuned with -10db then i think you need to look into wither more power, more cone area or better design for enclosure or placement of enclosure, or a combination of those things.

my problem is that the amp is not currently putting out it's rated power...can you explain how what you're saying is going to help me?

you don't know what it is putting out, prove what it is doing. I'm saying you probably wired wrong or screwed something up. Go check for loose wires, i have seen them come out of the terminals on the sub before. i've seen guys wire out of phase, i've seen people think they were at 1ohm and they were at 4.

Thats all i am saying. I'm out of here now. I swore i would never post in a dd-1 thread ever again, and this one smells like one.

you don't know what it is putting out, prove what it is doing. I'm saying you probably wired wrong or screwed something up. Go check for loose wires, i have seen them come out of the terminals on the sub before. i've seen guys wire out of phase, i've seen people think they were at 1ohm and they were at 4.

Thats all i am saying. I'm out of here now. I swore i would never post in a dd-1 thread ever again, and this one smells like one.

well..for one, the birth sheet rates it at 3419 watts at 1 ohm. 3400 watts/15 v=226 amps, and as much as i love my mechman, i know it's not putting out 226 amps at idle and yet i don't get any voltage drop.

Check the terminals inside the box will have to be the last thing i do, but it would be super hard to pop that sub out.

Can you explain wiring out of phase to me?

i'm very positive i'm at 1 ohm. I can go take pics of that even.

bad blood with dd-1?

did you change any of the filters at all on the amp or have them set different when you set your gains again?

bad blood with dd-1?

did you change any of the filters at all on the amp or have them set different when you set your gains again?

i will double check that, but i put everything else back as close to it's original place as possible.

Archived