Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Building subs


BassCruze

Recommended Posts

Posted

Who here has built their own subs?

After looking around online I found a bunch of parts for fairly cheap.

As of right now it's just an idea but I'm electronically and mechanically inclined. So I watched a few videos and read some posts online about doing it. I was wondering if you guys had any tips?

I was looking at a 400oz motor on eBay using a TC/TI 15" basket and 2 10" spiders from psi, a dual .70 ohm flat wire 3" voice coil and PSI soft parts. But I don't want to just throw parts together I want to understand what makes a good and loud subwoofer.

Posted

I don't know too much about building subs but if you wanna learn about them check out Ed Lester or ShowtimeSPL on youtube. He is also on the forum too. he knows a lot about building subs and what makes one sub better than another.

https://www.youtube.com/user/ShowtimeSPL/featured

2007 Ford Focus SES Hatchback

Pioneer HU

4 Digital Designs 9515i's in a B pillar.

2 Soundstream XXX 15K's (running at 16 volts)

Soundstream Mids/Highs in custom door panels (getting rebuilt soon)

Soundstream TA2.160 and TA2.400

Sky High and KNU wiring

3 Banks of Maxwell caps 

Winston Lithium (not a fan)

Bump4Life 250 Amp Alt. aka USAlternators

Soundstream Focus and Avenger Build Log

Instagram @p4linnovation

YouTube: Team Blowin Loud 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3203 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...