03 RF Lancer amp swap. Punch replaces Power series.

2 tone for sure

When you do the grills maybe tape off the grill itself and do just the outside ring of the grill. Take the RF diamond off paint and then reapply the diamond.

Planned on masking off the RF logo but probably paint the whole grille to blend into the panel. You know me.... i will do it many ways before i find the one that looks the best to me. I am on a roll now! lol

I like the two tone as well, but what about rolling it around and under the left speaker, kinda mimicking the curve on the right side of the door?

Dirty White 05' Xterra

HU: Pioneer x9600bhs

Front: RF R400-4D

JL C5-075ct tweets

RF PPS4-8 mids

Subs: RF r1200-1d

RF P3D4-15 x2

I like the two tone as well, but what about rolling it around and under the left speaker, kinda mimicking the curve on the right side of the door?

I see what your saying, keep in mind i have to make my kick panel too house the P3SD4-8s and the black might just line up with the kick panels and keep the flow going. If i curve it back on its self it might mess up the paint scheme for the kicks.

Seems like i need to build the kick panels to make the paint scheme of them and the doors flow together nicely.

Makes sense, wasn't picturing the kicks. Could glass in a nice line that starts at the arm rest and meets up with the top of the kick.

Dirty White 05' Xterra

JL C5-075ct tweets

RF PPS4-8 mids

RF P3D4-15 x2

Makes sense, wasn't picturing the kicks. Could glass in a nice line that starts at the arm rest and meets up with the top of the kick.

Ya that sounds way to involved at this point. Trying to keep it somewhat simple to get it done and installed. That and i am confident i can do it with paint.

See here's the dash, door and kick panel.

03lancerupgrade3032_zpse4a7eb98.jpg

IMG_1898_zps1df51b70.jpg

And heres the finish paint scheme. Panels dirty and will be cleaned up before install. I dont think i will paint the grilles, a little contrast is ok and matches the tweeter ring. Pretty happy with how it all turned out. One down, one to go.

Ya that sounds way to involved at this point. Trying to keep it somewhat simple to get it done and installed. That and i am confident i can do it with paint.

haha! Yea, I understand that, they look great either way!

Dirty White 05' Xterra

JL C5-075ct tweets

RF PPS4-8 mids

RF P3D4-15 x2

Bought SEM paint today. Color match was a Graphite color. Should look good. I ordered more Stinger road kill expert today so i have 2 boxes now to do roof, floor, pillars, firewall... Did i miss anywhere? ha ha Also got another roll of Dynamat Dynaliner so one 1/8" roll & one 1/4" roll for panels and other areas that might need it. Plus some Dynamat seem tape to keep back of panels clean from rubber sound deadening.

So it looks like if i can get panels done & painted, Kick panels made up that at the end of this month i might have 5-6 days garage time to tear all interior out to finish sound deadening and to paint all panels and run wires for new set up. Sound like another 80+ hrs of work in a short time! yaaa

Man I just caught up. Looking really really good bro! Loving what you're doing

Thank you sir, just got back from CA for a week so now the build can continue. Should make good progress on this coming week.

Archived