Second Skin Audio

Need help with center console box idea...and sub selection

Nubster

Run a single 12" unless your wanting the 8's for a reason. My prefab slot port box fits between the seats so I know it can be done.

I just figured the 8" sub would match my music better and the smaller box would work better as well. Even though I have the room to build long and high, I don't want a huge box between the seats. Certain no high than what's in there now which is about 17" total including the flip up storage compartment. I was planning to reinstall that onto the box so retain that storage and armrest. If that's not possible, I was going to build the box into a whole new console. I certainly don't object to a 12" sub but I'm not sure there's room to do a ported box and still maintain what I'm trying to do. Maybe I'll play with some box dimensions and see what I can come up with.

I still need help figuring out porting though.

I'm sure you could build the box low enough to re-install the arm rest on top of the box if you extended the box close to or touching the front of the rear seats.

I was looking into possibly a down fire box for my 99 but I cant find anyone else who has built a center consul box for a 2 gen dodge to gain any opinions.

I'm sure you could build the box low enough to re-install the arm rest on top of the box if you extended the box close to or touching the front of the rear seats.

I was looking into possibly a down fire box for my 99 but I cant find anyone else who has built a center consul box for a 2 gen dodge to gain any opinions.

Yeah, I'd say most likely. I'd like to not have to do that if possible, but that's an option. I'm pretty sure I can squeeze the 1.25ft^3 in the space I have...I just need help with the port.

That 1.25 cubic feet is that before sub and port displacement? If not then your box is actually smaller then you think.

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

I would say stay with the 8 or single 10 and do ported using a aero port tuned to about mid to low 30's if you tune it to 40hz you will have highs but lose out a lot on the lowes

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

Archived