Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Need Some Enclosure Help


Recommended Posts

Posted

So a friend of mine wants to build a new enclosure for his 15" fosgate p3 (i will probably be the one building as always) but i don't have a lot of experience with designing ported boxes. He wants between 3.5 to about 4 cubes with about a 30-32 hz tuning i have an idea of what i can do with a flared areo port but i need to know what you guys think. Height is 18, width is 28, and depth is 18. From the box calculator i use i am getting 3.886 cuft after all displacement and a 31hz tuning with the 4x6 aero port. these measurements are outside measurements using 3/4 mdf

once you get a speaker moving so hard that its possible to make tinsels slap, you are already kissing "SQ" goodbye. :D

Don't get me wrong, as I smoke Marlboro Reds, but if I saw one more kid with that smug-ass look (Look at me I'm smoking indoors) on their face, I was going to shove that thing so far up someone's ass that they'd look like a hillbilly trying to understand quantitative prediction theorem.

You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.

Posted

I think you are going to want a bigger port.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Posted

i say use a 6" aero port or 2 4" aero poert

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth.. oh.. wait.. naw.. that wasnt weird..

He probably tearin dat ass up every night. Reason for "insomnia" Ain't sleeping cause he's like a horny hamster on coke.

2000 grand prix gtp: SOLD My Home Theater Build (working progress) 2002 accord coupe

subs: 2 soundqubed hds300 12s 4'1" towers tuned to 29hz sub: AQ hdc3 12

Amp: pioneer gm9061 amp: poineer gm9601

headunit: kenwood kdc 255u mids: SQ pro mids

midbass: polk db 8s highs: stock

mids/highs: shitty off brand

Posted

thats what i was thinking. i didn't figure a 4 incher would be big enough for this enclosure. i will check out some 6 inch ones

once you get a speaker moving so hard that its possible to make tinsels slap, you are already kissing "SQ" goodbye. :D

Don't get me wrong, as I smoke Marlboro Reds, but if I saw one more kid with that smug-ass look (Look at me I'm smoking indoors) on their face, I was going to shove that thing so far up someone's ass that they'd look like a hillbilly trying to understand quantitative prediction theorem.

You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.

Posted

with those outer box dimensions and a single 6" port that is 16" long (using .15cuft for woofer displacment. was just a guess) im getting 3.75cuft at 31.5hz with 7.5sqin of port per cube.

Posted

yea that sounds about right the sub has .245 displacement what would i have after that

once you get a speaker moving so hard that its possible to make tinsels slap, you are already kissing "SQ" goodbye. :D

Don't get me wrong, as I smoke Marlboro Reds, but if I saw one more kid with that smug-ass look (Look at me I'm smoking indoors) on their face, I was going to shove that thing so far up someone's ass that they'd look like a hillbilly trying to understand quantitative prediction theorem.

You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.

Posted

i say use a 6" aero port or 2 4" aero poert

With a well flared port you are going to want at least 38 sq in of port area and up to 50 wouldn't hurt.

A 6" aero has 28 sq in and two 4" aeros would be 25 sq in. You could do three 4" ports, you would still be a little on the low side for my taste, but it might work out OK. A well flared slot port would really be best. No matter what you are probably going to have a tough time fitting enough port into that space and still have enough left for internal volume.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Posted

yea that sounds about right the sub has .245 displacement what would i have after that

3.6 cubes at 32hz. 7.73sqin per cube.

Posted

that sounds about perfect for him. thanks kranny he is wanting to get it started asap so now i can figure materials and let him know what we need.

once you get a speaker moving so hard that its possible to make tinsels slap, you are already kissing "SQ" goodbye. :D

Don't get me wrong, as I smoke Marlboro Reds, but if I saw one more kid with that smug-ass look (Look at me I'm smoking indoors) on their face, I was going to shove that thing so far up someone's ass that they'd look like a hillbilly trying to understand quantitative prediction theorem.

You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.

Posted

only thing you have to make sure is that you have enough port area with those aero ports.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5952 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...