Sonic Electronix

Ok I just picked up one of these to replace the Explorer my son rolled recently. I will be moving my system over to it this winter/spring. I have a pair of Sundown zv3 18's and a DD m4 amp for low end. The front stage will consist of a pair of RF Power 5.25 coaxials and Dayton 8inch mid-bass ran off a RF Punch 400a4 the head unit is a Clarion CX 501. I also have a pair of grp 31 135ah Deka unigy batts and a optima yellow top for under the hood. I got lucky and nothing was ruined in the rollover most importantly my son and wife were unharmed.

Ok the plan is to run the z's in a 10.2-10.5 cuft box with either a rear firing swap able octoport(spl and daily) or a drivers side firing slot port with a port reducer for daily. Since I have never worked with a Volvo before I am in need of some info. First off the vehicle peak frequency so I have an idea where I want to tune for my burps. Will tune to 32-34hz for daily listening. Also if anyone has worked with these car before any tips on running the wires and such and any trouble I may run into while doing this project. Thanks guys.

Here is a pic of Matilda.

15yucr6.jpg

Clarion CX-501 HU

Rockford Fosgate Punch 400-A4 on

Rockford Fosgate T152 5.25 in center console and

Rockford Fosgate T1682 in front factory

Rockford Fosgate T2500-1BDCP on subs

6 12inch RF HX2's in 13.4 cuft. tuned to 30 with port in 47 with it out

240 Amp American Armature Alt

100AH C&D in back Optima Yellow top up front

I never did a install on one but I did work for Volvo for almost ten years. Alt wire should not be a issue since I believe you have a non turbo model.

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3

Yeah it's the non turbo am going to do the big 3 don't know if I will get a bigger alt or not might be hard to find or expensive.

Clarion CX-501 HU

My tip for the volvo since I had a 98' s70, which has the same structure and engine as your 850

- The strongest grounding point on the vehicle is the aluminum sub frame, when you do the big 3, make sure the frame grounds are there

- You can fit a double din where the stock radio is, you just need to make a spacer to put underneath the radio to hold it in
- Make sure to deaden the roof since the wagon's roofs will flex like crazy
- Mike Singer makes the biggest alt for those engines, which ranges from 220 to 280 amps

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

My tip for the volvo since I had a 98' s70, which has the same structure and engine as your 850

- The strongest grounding point on the vehicle is the aluminum sub frame, when you do the big 3, make sure the frame grounds are there

- You can fit a double din where the stock radio is, you just need to make a spacer to put underneath the radio to hold it in

- Make sure to deaden the roof since the wagon's roofs will flex like crazy

- Mike Singer makes the biggest alt for those engines, which ranges from 220 to 280 amps

Thanks man already got the double din in the dash was the easiest factory radio to remove I have ever seen.

Clarion CX-501 HU

Archived