Electrical Problem!!!???

I had a new battery put in as starter battery, it is the Scosche big boy the 2250 Cranking amps one. Anyway they cut my alternator wire and placed 0 gauge wiring half ways to alternator connected to stock wire, well since then for past 2 days my car has not wanted to turn on twice and just clicked as if starter was no good and after a few tries started, not only that but my dash console lights all flicker for a second or two flashing once started?

wait, who cut your alternator charge wire? please elaborate your explanation on that because its kind of confusing.

they spliced 0 gauge in with the stock wiring?

what car is this.

Sounds to me like whoever replaced your battery possibly shorted the cable and may have smoked a fusible link, hence the half assed 0awg alt lead replacement. If that's the case there is very likely other fusible links/splices that have been damaged.

What type of vehicle is this, and who replaced your battery?

Yes they cut my alternator wire and I believe soldered the o gauge to it mid way. It is a 04 Durango limited and a local shop of my buddys.

why the fuck would they do that? who thought that was a good idea?

I have no idea of anything to do with this stuff. I bought battery and asked them to install it cause it had different battery post. So this is what they did.

literally no point in CUTTING HALF of the stock wiring off. he might as well have done the big 3 and saved you time and hassle.

if the terminals were wrong, he could have just bought some of these and screwed them onto the battery and not make a permanent fucking change to your cars electrical system. it is impossible for that wire he cut to go back to stock. you have to replace the entire run.

44718088-260x260-0-0_Streetwires+Streetw

edit: im sorry, but that is just straight retarded in my eyes. unless im wrong and somebody can make me see this differently.

edit 2: can you take a picture of this? im curious as to what it looks like.

no big 3 removes the wire which can then be replaced later

2000 Toyota Camry With Sealed Off Trunk

Sky High OFC Wiring

DC Power 270 XP Alt

AQ 2200 Sub Amp

Two DC Level 4 m2 12s

80 Mil Murdetmat

Gathering Parts For Wall Build.

Team DC Audio 2014 Member

Big 3 is not cutting wire its replacing with heavier gauge. Hell they might have fried your alt. Just doesnt make sense splicing the wire unless they shorted something out. What ever happend i dam sure would make that shop pay for it.

truthsayer

Archived